1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike not tracking properly??

Discussion in 'General' started by jster171, Aug 16, 2002.

1. jster171

jster171 Well-Known Member

I have a 99 GSXR 600 that I use for a track bike. I low sided it last month and it took a decent cart wheel. I just got it back together after new body work,exhaust and a left clip on. Took it for a test ride down the road and it seems to pull a bit to the left when I apply the front brakes??? Also, if I get up to about 55 and sit straight up and take my hands off the bars, it seems to pull in the other direction ( to the right)??? What do you think is up?? I know GMD is one answer but anything I can check right off??

2. daytona

daytona Well-Known Member

Is your front forks maybe twisted in the triple clamps??

3. jster171

jster171 Well-Known Member

I had the front wheel off and the top clamp off at the same time. The bike was suspended by a pit bull stand that hold it from under the bottom tree. I never loosened the bottom clamp though. Could be twisted I guess. Maybe mis-alighned more than a twist??

4. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

probably both of those....release all tension everywhere in the front end. Set one fork tube and tighten it just a bit, then align the other fork so that axle spins perfectly free when screwing it in when the bike is suspended...tighten to spec, put on front wheel and give it whirl.

if that isn't it, check your triple trees, and back wheel alignment also...should check the back anyway really.

I'm not a mechanic, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.