1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Cam Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Ex CCS Racer, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Are there any rules pertaining to on bike cameras? I got a new minicam for Christmas. Can't wait for the first race! And since I have no WERA points I have to start from the back. Oughta be neat. [​IMG]

2. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I was wondering that very same thing!

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Team Chicago carries one during the endurance races so I guess sprints will be no different.
    BTW-How do you safety wire a lens cap? [​IMG]

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Just glue it on with some silicone snot!!!

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I know we've asked Sean about this before and it's best to run it by him and take the bike through tech so they can verify that it's mounted securely and won't pose a hazard to any other riders. I know it's normally not a problem for a couple laps in practice (like on a Friday) but it's not a very common practice in club races.

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I thought about putting the camera in a hip pack and mount a lipstick camera on my helmet, tail section, or somewhere up front. I'll definitely record practice and maybe a race(hoping I don't crash).

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

No way I'd try it, nothing worse than having video evidence that you suck

8. WERA29

ROTFLMFAO! [​IMG] Good one Eric! [​IMG]

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'll have to start from the back because I have no points. I'll pass somebody. If I don't, I'll destroy the tape, sell the bike, and never be heard from again. [​IMG]

10. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

lets put it on my dirt bike and follow grant,jarret and john around with it and show them how fast they were going on the motocross track. [​IMG]

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That'd be too cruel. I don't think Jarrett saw me look over at him through the whoop section. He was on the CR, I was on the TT-R [​IMG]

12. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

i know they had a blast no matter how fast they were going! wwish we could do it again sometime. good run on the tt-r tony!!!

13. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Don't know if it'll happen for a while. Yesterday was my last day there. I start my new job at PYA wednesday.

14. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

I bought a set of used plastic for my F4 from John Light of lightsmith racing. He had a pretty sweet set-up for mounting a camera in the tail section and running a lipstick camera to the front.
    Maybe he'll chime in here, but the last I heard from him he was in the process of moving. Try posting a question about Evans Coolant, that should get him here. [​IMG]

Joe

15. Dan Montgomery

Dan Montgomery Well-Known Member

Eric, now thats humor in a thread. [​IMG]

16. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

aside from seeing how bad you suck....

if you use a "professional" rig, like the suction cup vidcam mount from LP, is it legal in sprint races?

17. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

18. midliferacer

midliferacer Brett

19. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

Ouch [​IMG] Were we going that slow? Sounds like something we'll have to straighten out at NFMP, right Tony? BTW, you guys suck [​IMG]

20. WERA29

Is Tony gonna show up at N. Florida? [​IMG]

I figured he wouldn't want to give away any of his cherrypicking secrets and ride in front of his competition before the first race next year. [​IMG]