1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of spudbud

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by DUSTYRHODES, Feb 15, 2011.

1. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

don't lie to make friends.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

To The OP. You Are A 'Tard. I was a parts manager at a dealership and there are zero visible or invisible vins on the insides of your bodywork. I remember there was a rumor 10 years ago that the manufacturers were going to start putting Black light viewable VINs on the insides of fairing and on wheels, etc. Guess what.. It was a stupid rumor. Have you ever built a bike out of the crate? You put down two numbers on a build sheet. The VIN and the motor number.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You do realize that your quick injection of facts here is not helping. :crackup:

I also recently bought something from Spud with no issues.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  4. gixxer357

gixxer357 Well-Known Member

Bought & Sold parts to Spud many of times w/ no issues!
    He's a stand up guy! :up:

5. GIX1000_07

GIX1000_07 Well-Known Member

One would think if you wanted to hurt spudbud's rep you would at least come up with a believable story.

All you have done is made yourself look like a total dumb ass!!!!

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh don't worry, I have a feeling that Poo Poo DUSTY is still going to argue my facts against his insanity

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

IIRC he Highway Patrol uses a flux capacitor device to check the numbers. Did they actually let you see it in use?

8. mtuned

mtuned Well-Known Member

Someone got them selves some nice new fairings for his bike LOL..

You got owned!

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have a Turbo Encabulator for sale if the OP is interested.

10. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

You sure they weren't with CSI and looking for some "foreign substance" or bodily fluid? Did they wear the cool clear glasses and turn all the lights out?

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Just had to get that in Mr. Rhodes....

12. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiight

You let them keep your bike w/ no evidence that there was something illegal?

(BTW, are you making more than 12k a year?)

The ONLY thing I can think of in regard to the authorities looking for VIN's on the fairings is that some dumb ass, smokey the bear hat wearing highway patrolman read a memo years ago that automobiles often have the VIN stamped into various bits on the car such as fenders, etc...

This genius then figured out in his pea brain that "automobiles" must mean anything with an engine and at least 2 wheels, so he better bust out the CSI blacklight from the $7500 special kit they were authorized to purchase with funds made available form all the drug bustin' Escalades they get to sell at auction for $300!

Did they question you as to the straightness of the frame?
    If so did they then produce blocks of wood to check the straightness?

Just wondering...

As Red from "That 70's Show" is so fond of saying: "Dumb Ass"!

13. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Shhh, don't let the cops and DMV find out!!!

14. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Careful, I think he has E-mails to prove it.

15. That is why they always want to test ride them after inspecting, they have to hit 88mph at 1.21 gigawatts.

16. breezie

breezie Well-Known Member

Not taking sides here but I bought a bike from a dealership in 2003 and it came with stickers that were a method of tracking if stolen and they were blacklight readable as well. Ill post a pic later today. So it may have been stolen but I doubt it was done intentionally..

17. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

According to the OP, it is not the imaginary VIN# you need, it is the invisible one.

And you really only need a VIN, (Vehicle Identification Number) not a VIN#, which you can only find in the Department of Redundancy Department and only with a blue light and the cool orange plastic glasses.

18. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I just asked myself and I said "no such thing". DIAF, retard :D

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Where can one get a packet of these stickers?? I need to put them on my Beers in the Pits Damnit!!

20. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

"blue light gizmo"
    "invisible vin sticker"

good one

always had good dealings with spudbud and i'd definitely deal with him again with full confidence.