1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best work boots??

Discussion in 'General' started by vdub 2.0, Sep 26, 2016.

1. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Carolina work boots

XFBO likes this.
  2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I like my Keen boots ok. Got them to knock around in but wear them at work quite a bit.

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Damn we have some real first world problems out here. $400 boots, cause $200 ones are garbage, meanwhile 3rd world countries are working in flip flops.

Good boots are amazing though.

5. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Got my Wolverines sophomore year in high school and have worn them for four years. They've taken LOTS of abuse and only recently did a seam come loose. Walking through fire, run over by tractors, they were submerged in muddy water while laying irrigation tile many times and were surprisingly waterproof up to the top, played basketball in them, lots of motorcycle riding in them, and wore them daily to school for a while. I'll be getting another pair when these ones expire. Man, amazing how many memories come up just from a pair of boots. Got them for around 100 bucks, maybe less.
    [​IMG]

6. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

+1 After 22 years of wearing work boots for too many hours a day, I just went over to some Keen boots with a safety toe.
    They're great. It will suck to have to go back to a heavy climbing boot for the winter, but it was nice having a light boot with good support in the warmer weather.

7. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Huh? Danner? I've got a nice looking pair of Danner, Gore-Tex, Sharptail boots. If I walk in wet grass with them my feet are soaked. Might as well be made out of paper towels.

8. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Wolverine Merlin composite safety toe, electrical hazard certified, waterproof...
    and SOOO LIGHT. I had Wolverine Durashocks like them for bump absorbing capabilities which was big plus since I walk on the ballast (railroad rock) quite often etc. Tried Redwing, good boots. I like their ratchet lacing system but HEAVY boot and after 10 hrs I can't wait to take them off...and so on!
    Merlin boot is the lightest boot I ever owned in my life, by being light they are very comfortable. Own them couple months now and so far so good, we will see how long they will last.
    Hope this helps.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

From a comfort standpoint, I love my Keens. Now, I'm an HR Director, so I'm not exactly hard on my boots, but need safety toe to be out on the production floor. That said ... I HATE Keen laces and eyelets. My laces broke/shredded w/I 4 months. By the 6-month mark, the eyelets had split on both shoes ... 2nd from the bottom. Inside eyelets on BOTH shoes.

However, I STILL have my Red Wings that I've had since high school (almost 20 years)that I STILL bust out as my back up boots on occasion, if needed.

10. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

And getting toes chopped off on the Reg. Sorry, standard of living is about more than 500 channels and great bandwidth. Safe working conditions and equipment goes a long way.

BrianC636 likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I soaked two coats of silicon spray on my Danners...I'd say they were now water resistant. :D

No biggy. I've been wearin' jungle boots forever. It's a nice change but not something I can't live without.

12. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Using work boots for over 35 years, I've tried most brands listed. After trying Ariat some 18 years ago, I buy nothing else.

13. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

I knew this was the right place to ask! I seem to have found a few red wings that are made in the USA still but will have to check into a the other brands you guys recommended before I make the final choice.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ha! I didn't think anyone else would have a pair of these! Love mine but my only complaint is they seem to be on the HEAVY side.....I just don't know by how much more compared to all these other popular boots.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  15. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm on my first pair of Keen's, I really like them so far. I've been through a lot of work boots as well considering I've worked in a factory since 2001.

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Asolo Fugitive GTX boots- best
    Danner RAT boots-better
    Bates-okay
    Belleville-okay
    No experience with RW boots.

17. I have to wear safety shoes when in our plants. I have a "dress" pair of red wings which are comfy and a pair of Justin's for when I'm there in Jeans. I wear my Justin's everyday I'm in the yard, yep even in shorts (f ing snakes).

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I went to our local shop, Skips boots, and they put me in a set of Rocky boots last year. Love them so far, everyone's feet are different though. I tried Wolverines before this and my feet ached in them. Helps to shop somewhere where they know what the hell they're talking about also.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Shit I almost forgot about Merrell's. One guy I know said it was like slipping your feet into a pair of bunnies.

20. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I tried them all..... Thorogood. US. Wedge sole.