1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best stationary bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

One more note. I used the Fluid 2 trainer for a while by itself and would catch up on some shows, but I was basically bored out of my mind pedaling along. When I subscribed to Zwift, it was much more engaging and I increased my training significantly. Riding with real people, going through the workout routines, and working on PBs kept it much more interesting. I still prefer an outdoor ride, but without Zwift, I’d probably sell my trainer. So something with interactive pedaling would be my recommendation.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea,the part of it being interactive is probably the most important part. Hes gonna want to have something to challenge him.

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I ride my Cervelo R3 on a Wahoo Kickr and watch tv while I Zwift

Jed likes this.
  4. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

This thread along with the ice storm outside is depressing me. I hate winter, and wanna ride my bike.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

14 miles yesterday morning. Stop at Blacks Beach. I love our winters :timeforabeer::p

Attached Files:

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have only used a friend’s peloton, but they’re well made and have a watt meter built in. That’s major if you’re really trying to accomplish something as far as training.

What i don’t like about the peloton is that you can’t integrate it with Zwift without voiding your warranty, and i can see how the classes would get old, while you pay $50/month for them.

i need to look at the Echelon bikes to see how those compare. I don’t need a screen on my bike when we have a tv mounted in the corner of the workout room already.

I would vote for Zwift integration over peloton classes, especially for a kid. Zwift is more fun. Trainer road will get you in the best cycling shape. Peloton will appease your inner housewife.

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea seems like the pelaton is out.

What all can you do with Zwift?

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

If who ever is using the bike doesn’t already ride a road ride a bike I wouldn’t go that route. The bike will not have a ton of adjustment so if your kid is 6’5 and say your wife wants to maybe use it at some point and she is 5’5 you gotta buy her a bike.
    I’ve had a peleton from almost the day they came out. I love it. My wife loves it’s. Guests who visit use it.
    My neighbor uses it once a week and she is a pretty high level athlete.
    Kinda sucks peleton has become a cult but it has for a good reason it’s a good product and the instructors are great and there are now almost limitless number of classes stock piled.

Don’t take advice from guys who ride a bike on the road. I’m one of those guys (i’m not giving you the advice my heart wants to give you as a person who road rides = bike + trainer) . I would love to tell you the bike and a trainer but What they are doing with their bike and trainer are not what your kid will want to do, I can almost guarantee it.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    pscook, Rich and G Dawg like this.
  9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I pointed out my experience with the Nordictrack bike is because it is basically a poor mans Peleton. I wanted to do exactly what you are trying to do and it looked promising, but I would stay away. I've never used a Peleton but from the sounds of it, if that is what you are after you are better off spending the extra money for the real thing.

10. Major

Major Well-Known Member

just added it to my profile.

Knotcher likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I use my Elite fluid trainer with my Garmin power meter and Zwift. I was in the best shape of my life when I got off the trainer and onto the roads in April. It was all downhill from there as I did not ride as often and as focused in real life lol

12. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

if you have a road bike and a smart trainer you can go as far as simulate some of the coolest routes in france, new york, and the imaginary "wattopia". its really like a game, check out GCN on youtube to see videos about Zwift, i love riding on Zwift

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Took advantage of the price decrease and got a Peloton.
    Who are your favorite instructors? I’ve been using mostly Kendall Toole, Jenn Sherman, and Emma Lovewell.

14. Major

Major Well-Known Member

Ben Aldis, Ally Love and Sam Yo in addition to the ones you mentioned. Also did the powerzone training program which led to a big increase in my fitness level.