1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best stationary bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I bought my wife a Keiser M3i for Christmas a couple years ago and she loves it, but also uses it to make routines to teach her spin classes. There's enough adjustability in all areas that anyone can fit comfortably, and it's well made.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

If it's just for your son, get a simple stationary bike like the one from the gym that he likes. If it's to increase your performance in the peloton during your weekly rides, then get a dedicated trainer. But the Peloton trainer might be a good choice if your son gets bored and you decide to go for some training. I just have a tablet mount on the cheapest spin bike I could find on craigslist that I use to watch the GP races when I don't want to go for a real bicycle ride, and it works for me to get some basic cardio.

But I would honestly go for a simple solution as it sounds like you are looking to help your son stay busy and fit, not that anyone in your house is training for the Tour de France.

G Dawg and SuddenBraking like this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol finally someone who actually read what the OP posted. :beer:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Peloton.

5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I have a Kickr that literally has 2 days use on it if anybody is interested in buying it.

Nothing wrong with it.... my wife and I just would rather ride outside.

6. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Pm me please. I just bought one but my father in law may be interested in it.
    johnny

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Wahoo if you want to simulate riding outdoors. To my knowledge the peloton requires you twist a nobby thingy to change resistance. The Wahoo integrates with all kinds of software to control the actual bike to suit your goal or simulate a route you've already ridden and like, or connect to Zwift.

[​IMG]

rk97 likes this.
  8. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Kreitler rollers with resistance fan and front fork stand. Had this setup in the late 90's. Old school Polar HRM, techno music, and hammer down. Opposite days would be rollers only or my beater fixed gear bike.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That doesn’t look................expensive.

rcarson15 and Sabre699 like this.
  10. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have had friends who purchased the Peloton and ended up returning them due to the "message" in the classes they show about social justice etc.. They just wanted to work out with a trainer not bring in agendas..

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

+1 on the rower. I bought one on Amazon pretty cheap and me and my son share it. We have a stationary bike also, but the rower is a kick @ss full body workout.

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Only like $3500! Broome should buy two or three of them!

13. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I had a Peloton for about a month. I hated it. I like being able to shift gears and stand up to simulate real riding. I sold it and bought a wahoo KikR for my regular bike. If he has a road bike I would recommend this more to the fact he will be spinning a bike that he will be riding outside. I put the trainer in front of the TV and watch MTB video's on youtube.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The title says Best, not trendiest. Broome needs 4.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...come to my place...seems like all the friggin' bikes are stationary.

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Hahah. This is great. Been way is everything from practical to extreme.

Hes 9 and we don't have a road bike. Winter is coming and I want to keep him active. He like when when actually do go to the gym,to ride there bike. Its got a screen on it with different modes. Maybe riding though a forest or doing a certain distance race. All he has to do is bike what he wants on the screen and go. Can adjust the resistance on the fly. So something similar would work best.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Eh a bike, make him shovel snow and cut firewood. :D

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I missed that whole kid part. The Expresso bikes, which I think are what the gym probably has are $4.5k.

Does your son check out women in tights yet? If so, then Peloton it is.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

To keep a 9 year old kid active? Any of the Sunny Exercise bikes on Amazon or your local classifieds/craigslist site for a couple hundred is all you need to spend. He can ride the thing while watching his youtube videos or playing minecraft.
    No need to get anything higher end than that.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

#beeb is up as tag on peloton.