1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best OEM calipers?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mavrik82, Feb 5, 2011.

1. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

parts wont be cheap bub, as a lot of show ponies with lots of $$$ will want to have pretty brembos on their 08's etc.

Think the other options already mentioned are the best, however always do the MC first as the best gains are here

2. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I can definitely see that if your moving from 2 pot sliders like SV calipers that there would be a huge improvement, but those moving from other 4 pots like Nissins or Tokicos - Is there that much of a noticeable improvement

3. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

The Yamaha r6 /R1 Sumitomo monoblock calipers may not give you more braking power...

But, they do give you better feel than what you can get from the GSXR Tokico 2 piece calipers...

Another thing you can do to improve your GSXR brakes, is to install a Yamaha Brembo master cylinder... Much better than Nissin master cylinders...

Luis

4. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

pretty sure '09+ or '10+ 675's come with nissin monoblocs

5. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

What is the spacing on those?

6. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

no clue

7. Cajun

Cajun North of Phillip Island

8. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the disc diameter, not the offset. The offset is the distance from the caliper mounting points to the disc

9. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

center to center bmws 1000rr is 100mm

10. jdgun_13

jdgun_13 Well-Known Member

For stockers the NISSINs from the 07+ zx6r & ZX14 is an amazing performing caliper, though not a monoblock their performace for feel beats my M4 brembo monoblocks on my 1098 without a doubt and offer 98% the same performance.

The nissins on my triumph 675 are always pretty amazing.

11. 675racer

675racer Member

The '09+ Triumph 675 Nissin monoblocks are 108mm. I bought those one off Ebay and replaced the 2 piece Nissins on my '06 675. They are lighter, more rigid and give better feel and that was going from Ferodo CP211 pads in my 2 piece to stock pads in the monoblocks! The down side to the Nissin monoblocks are limited pad availabilty right now. Only Ferodo XRAC, SBS, and EBC HH pads are available. Corbon Lorraine are coming soon. I wanted to run RJL's but no go as of yet. Went with the XRAC. Also running 19rcs Brembo m/c with Spiegler race lines.