1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Cheap Open two railed trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Like the title says. I don't want to spend a boat load of cash. Also, it needs to fit into my garage. I had an old landscaping trailer, however, my lovely HOA (i just moved) told me no trailers allowed. As such, now I am looking for something decent and affordable.

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Does it have to be a 2-rail trailer? I've been very happy with my Harbor Freight 4x8. Cheap, able to be customized, fits two bikes (ramp and two gas cans), and folds up in my garage. Downside is it takes a weekend or two to put together/make.

Been on 3 or 4 trips with it so far this year and it hasn't skipped a beat. Don't even feel it behind the jeep.

3. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Used Kendon Stand-up dual rail trailer on Craigslist.:up:

5. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Cheap Trailer

I intend on carrying two bikes on occasion, however, just mainly one most of the time. I am willing to pay up to say $1,000, however, don't want to go past that. I saw the HF. Just was curious if anyone else had some other good options.

6. gothicbeast

The kendon is the way to go in my books. The dexter axles are easy to find parts for. The trailer pulls well, the 15" tires are nice and swapping or to a radial ST tire is a good upgrade.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've had a Harbor Freight style for at least 15 years. Have used it a bunch, for go karts and bikes. The fenders broke off a few years ago and I finally upgraded it to the bigger wheels when it was time to replace the tires. Still on original bearings, without a single problem.

You could mount rails on it for 2 bikes, pretty easily, but I haven't. Folds up very easily to store in my garage. I mounted aluminum floor, instead of wood, hoping to make it lighter to fold up. If you do that, put down some silicone or rubber weather stripping, as without a load you hear rattling between the aluminum plate and steel frame. Someday I will redo mine.

A Kendon is definitely nicer, but I rarely see the newer style used for under 1000.

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Definitely won't argue that I'd rather have a nice Kendon if I allocated the budget for it.

All-in, my HF cost me about $500 including the trailer and everything else.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I would do the HF 4x8 trailer with 2 Pitbull TRS, and be done with it.

10. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

11. gothicbeast

I have had both. With some searching, i picked up a used kendon trailers for $1200. Sold the harbor freight trailer for $400 and have never looked back

12. gothicbeast

13. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

No complaints with my HF trailer and Pit-Bull TRS. Used teh HF chock and a Condor as well with no issues.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

IMO, If you are willing to invest in the Pit-Bull TRS, you would have less money in the Harbor freight/Pit Bull unit and a superior bike latching system.

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I guess i will repeat what has been said already.
    Harbor freight, you can either do floor or rails on it.

Im currently assembling one with 1 rail and a pitbull trs.

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I think it might be kind of flexy without a floor on it.