1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best action movie of all time....

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Aug 30, 2017.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I tought the whole movie was too cartoony for me. The characters and vehicles definitely blown out of proportion. I liked the 2 first installments best, but then, I'm over 40 so I guess I'm nostalgic.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I liked Fury Road. But, the fight between Max and Furiosa being sped up in spots was overkill. It was obviously a camera trick that made them move so fast a few times in that fight.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Can't believe Bourne (any of the three) hasn't been mentioned yet.

bacolmm likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. I'd like to nominate Ronin, if for no other reason than THAT car chase! Iconic, like the Bullitt car chase.

yokohama1 and cha0s#242 like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I tried to watch that whole movie the other night, but I ran out of alcohol :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I watched John Wick again last night, they sure packed a lot of action in that movie. At first I didn't think Reeves could pull off a role like Wick, but he did?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Surprised me too but he did a great job.

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I haven't seen it, really have little interest in it either. It's on the Tivo so I'll probably get around to it sooner or later. I'm too old for these remakes, all I do is sit there thinking "get off my lawn" thoughts.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My name is Rick, and I've never Tivoed.

V5 Racer likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I walked out of The Matrix, turned to my friend and said: "I have no idea what just happened in there but that was AWESOME!" :D
    I was stunned that the next time I felt like that (minus the confusion) after a movie, Keanu Reeves was involved again! John Wick is the shit. I actually refused to see the second one because it can only be disappointing.

Anyone know if Apocalypto counts as action? Because it certainly took me to that same level of excitement.

V5 Racer likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I HATE when they do that with the camera for the fighting/shooting movies. All those recent Stallone movies are full of that crap.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Wick 2 was a bit disappointing. Of course both movies were at times. How a hit man with skills to do the somewhat impossible would go brain dead at times is beyond me.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Smoked too much pot in High School... Saw it in Bill & Ted :D

stk0308, 88/532 and V5 Racer like this.
  14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I kinda felt the same way about W2.

15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

GO BUCKEYES!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trying to get banned or just stupid?

17. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Debbie Does Dallas.

wiggeywackyo likes this.
  18. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I was going to say that but refrained. I'll sleep better knowing that there are others that will carry out my work.

19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've finally acknowledged that, even if "Ted" Theodore Logan isn't the most amazing actor on earth, in terms of line delivery, he's a damn good physical actor. The guy is more athletic than he's commonly given credit and he tries to make things authentic - Kung Fu for the Matrix, practicing 3 Gun for John Wick, surfing for Point Break, and I think he even took football lessons for The Replacements.

Razr likes this.
  20. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

John Wick 2 is good and worth watching but it is essentially watching Keanu do a 3 gun competition with blanks and human targets.