1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie Sanders: What he's really about, in his own words

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Making the manufactures liable for what the purchasers, finders, thief's do with them is certainly a step. It will make prices rise even more and probably make a lot of the manufactures say F it were not doing this anymore now that we could be sued for everything we have because of what some idiot did with our product. That would be like making the manufacturer of anything be responsible for the products use for the life of the product no matter what the intended purpose was when it was made. It is one thing to be help responsible for faulty products, but to be responsible for how that product was used by someone is crazy. If he is so good at sticking to what he believes in then he wouldn't fold under the criticism of a few, and especially Hillary. He showed he's not all the man he claims to be by voting for that and changing his stance.

2. Ranking the issues on level of importance, that one is way down on the agenda for me, but both I and Bernie are strongly in favor of the right to bear arms.

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

You talk like you two are a couple. How cute.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

A couple of dimwits. LOL

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I told you drugs would make you stupid :D

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  6. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Hey now, I think he was talking about him and Bernie. Of course they could have done a lot of drugs too, I don't know.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Careful as the extreme left is just as intolerant or more so than the extreme right.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How intolerant of you to say so.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  9. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Convenient memory loss?

Q: Let's talk about the gun issue. You've called for moderation in this saying that you think you can bring both sides together.

SANDERS: I wouldn't use the word, "moderation." That's not quite the right word. This is what I do believe. I come from a state that has virtually no gun control. And yet, at political peril, I voted for an instant background check, which I want to see strengthened and expanded. I voted to ban certain types of assault weapons, which are designed only to kill people. I voted to end the so-called gun show loophole. What I think there needs to be is a dialogue. And here's what I do believe: I believe what I call common sense gun reform. Plus, a revolution in mental health, making sure that if people are having a nervous breakdown, or are suicidal, or homicidal, they get the care they need when they need it. I think the vast majority of the American people can support and agenda composed of those features.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How's it working out for you?
    I mean, other than always being able to say that you didn't vote for the winner?
    What are you achieving?

11. In Your Corner

Oh, well, problem solved then.

12. In Your Corner

Don't go into politics as a business.
    Splitting the vote makes a huge difference, but it doesn't make anyone's vote inconsequential.
    Not voting for the loser is no different than voting for the winner.
    Same for not voting at all.

When Rossi wins, does no one else in the race "matter"?

13. I don't memorize everything Bernie says and does. This issue really isn't that important to me. That said, I do support the 2nd Amendment, and I like everything he said in your quote.

14. Yep. :D

15. In Your Corner

Well, you can smoke weed, but cigarettes are out. If you're lucky, they'll let you smoke in the rain behind the dumpster in the back corner of the parking lot.
    And you can drink, but not a soda, and especially not a soda in a huge cup.
    You're too stupid to realise that that's bad for you.
    Luckily, the government will let you know when you're doing something unhealthy.
    Don't forget you can't have those great McDonald's fries cooked in trans fats, either.
    Again, you're too stupid to watch your own diet or decide what you want to eat.
    Same for your kids when they go to school.

Party on.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The only thing in that answer that is taking anyone's gun away is the assault weapons ban, which is indeed stupid because they are too hard to define and too easy to change from one category to another. Nothing else in that answer will take a single gun away from anyone. It might stop or at least slow down those that should not have them from getting them.

Cars are dangerous to drive if you don't know what you are doing, so you have to get training and/or pass a test to get a license to be able to legally drive one. That right can be taken away by the government if you abuse it (by driving drunk, etc.). I personally see no reason why training and licensing should not apply to guns as well. They are dangerous in the wrong hands. Untrained idiots using them for protection are just as likely to shoot the wrong person, have their kid find the gun and accidentally shoot someone, have the gun taken from them and used on them or shoot themselves as to use it successfully in defense. Guns are good in the right trained hands, but not so good in the wrong hands. Mandatory training and/or testing along with a background check would in my opinion be a good thing. Get a license to carry and own a gun. Have a renewal test periodically, say every 5-10 years (I think this is a good idea for driver's licences too).

So now tell me why that is such a terrible idea but you are all OK with automobile and motorcycle licenses. Should we just turn 16 year old kids loose in dad's F150 or mom's S1000R with no government mandated training, testing or licensing?

17. That's a republican that did the goofy soda thing.

18. In Your Corner

Or maybe they just think that there's a time and place for everything.
    There used to be an adult world and the world children lived in.
    Not anymore, and it isn't an improvement.
    Anyone want to argue that kids are better off watching Miley twerk?

19. In Your Corner

It has been continuously argued that driving is a privilege, not a right.
    You can't compare the two.
    Gun ownership is as heavily regulated as is reasonable. There is no guarantee there won't be negative outcomes, just like you and the whole family could get creamed by a firetruck on your way to the movies.
    Bad stuff like that happens in real life.
    More laws won't make all of life's dangers go away.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It's how I graze, all y'all suck! Steel is just insane on top of his suckage