1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie Sanders: What he's really about, in his own words

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Aug 11, 2015.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sorry...can you repeat the question?

Metalhead likes this.
  2. You mean corporate drug testing? I'm not sure how that's all going to pan out. I haven't heard if there are any companies in Colorado or Washington that used to test, but have since dropped the tests. Maybe it will play out in the court system. I certainly understand the need for drug testing in your industry. To me it should only be done where safety is an issue. In other jobs, can you do the job, or can't you? That's the most important consideration. There are successful people in just about every profession that smoke MJ. For example, A good friend of mine who smokes became the youngest person to ever become a senior partner at his law firm that employs around 100 lawyers.

I saw the new study. The ones that experienced some short term memory loss smoked every day for a long time. That's up to the individual to do that risk/benefit analysis, IMO, but it seems like you agree, no?

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

4. Because I've already explained it!

5. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I know this was to RFKA, but I had to reply to your third question. I haven't seen the study you are talking about, but I'd be willing to bet I can find plenty of studies showing that study to be wrong. :) To you second question, I have heard of *some companies changing their policy, and that police dogs in certain states no longer being trained to sniff for cannabis.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Until insurance companies change policies, most companies will stick with whatever provides the lowest rates.

7. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

While I agree, it's funny that the only two jobs I had since I moved to CO have not had a pre hire test. Both of these were government contract jobs, heck the first one was with DHA (TriCare). If I can ever find some land I can afford where I can get a legal grow permit smoking will just be part of the job (Quality Control).

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How the hell did you manage to credit me for his post? :confused:

9. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

That's some really good shit right there! :)

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I forget

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Our HR witch sent out an email stating that even though pot was legal in Alaska nothing had changed as far as the piss testing limits. I would suspect that most companies will do the same.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It'd be no different than alcohol. Legal doesn't automatically mean acceptable at work.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No one is suggesting that people should be burning at work. Current drug testing limits penalizes people for lifestyle choices and has nothing at all to do with work performance.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Well at this point MJ is still illegal because you are breaking a federal law, so I would guess most if not all companies dealing with security, banking, defense, driving, heavy equipment operation, etc. will still be testing.

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out the business stance. I agree on the testing, though. How does one determine if you're still "under the influence" or not? That'll be the main hurdle.

16. I think there's a mouth swab test that can be used to see if someone has smoked weed recently.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Correct.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  18. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to private business being able to hire/fire the people they want? Or do you guys think MJ users should be a new protected class? If a company doesn't want to hire stoners than so be it, court shouldn't have to decide anything. Btw I'm not against legalization.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm confused. No co has to hire if you fail a drug test.

Ghost of Casby likes this.