1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bending an elbow in Galfer SS brake lines?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by boxcrash, Sep 9, 2016.

1. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

So I know on cars bending brake lines is a no brainer, has anyone ever bent an elbow in the SS brake lines between the banjo and the crimped section, that are straight?

Same thing, using a tool slow and careful? Or is this a "don't do it dummy" thing?
    Thanks.

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I would not do it.

boxcrash likes this.
  3. :stupid: No way would I do that.

boxcrash likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No.

boxcrash likes this.
  5. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the only result you will get if you do try that is a broken, useless brake line.

boxcrash likes this.
  6. boxcrash

Cool thanks, I figured as much.

I never thought about it before. But sitting at work thinking about modifying stuff when I do not have the parts with me can be dangerous :)

7. boxcrash

Thanks Zoran, was brainstorming at work about the 07 GSXR front end on a 08 SV 650, with a R6 master on it and trying to run the 03-05 R6 Galfer SS lines I have in that setup....

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Is $80 bucks worth the hazzard?

boxcrash likes this.
  9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

boxcrash likes this.
  10. boxcrash

Thanks!....no issues out of it? Worked good, no reduction in feel or etc.?

And yeah if doing up a race bike, for sure would just spend the $$ on the lines made to fit the R6 master with GSXR calipers....no argument there.

11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Yes, worked fine. It does introduce a few more sharp turns for the fluid to make, so could perhaps slow the fluid down a little.

boxcrash likes this.
  12. boxcrash

Thanks. Right, true.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I don't think the brake lines on cars are on the same wavelength as the ones you're talking about. You're either going to kink that line or snap it before making any substantial bends. Car brake lines are a totally different manufacturing process, look up bundy tubing.