1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies to choose....

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Oct 3, 2013.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Let's go to Texas for a burger.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He injured his shoulder on the Yamaha. Started Silverstone 2011.

I will still buy you a beer just cuz. ALthough, I just had quarter of a pecan pie for breakfast so it could be the pie talking :D

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I love all you yards saying Suzuki like they have ever been worth a shit in Motogp...

Lol y'all wanna make fun of Ducati, but forget how much shittier Suzuki was...

And now there is less $$$ in development and y'all wanna act like its gonna set the world on fire!

SMH

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah! Except for the year it won the championship with Schwantz and Roberts! :D

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Die in a grease fire.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Didnt they win with Uncini in 1980. 3 in 33 years, not too shabby. :D

I'm not surprised Ben retired. IMO, it's a combination of everything. What does he have left to do, anyway? Other than becoming MotoGP champ he has nothing else to do, maybe go back to WSBK and become the winningest super biker. After his 2 year nightmare and injuries I don't think his heart was in it anymore. He's a smart and multi talented guy, he'll do well whatever he does.

Hopefully there will be a Ben's Pies opening up in my area, pepperoni pizza and peach pie in one sitting! Seriously though, it's been great watching him and I hope he has luck in future endeavors.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

More premier class championships than Ducati, Kawasaki and Aprilia combined. :D

8. SGVRider

No doubt. I'd say they're better than Ducati, they had a longer run of success with a wider variety if riders and machines than Ducati. I think they can't compete in this era, though, unless they're willing to spend as much as Honda and Yamaha.

9. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

The only surprise here is that it took so long for him to make it official. Ben retired when he walked away from Yamaha. IMHO.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All Suzuki needs to dominate is a f@ckton of cash and a rider. :D

11. SGVRider

He walked in lieu of being pushed.

12. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Yep.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Pure speculation....perhaps the delayed announcement has been due to working on a mutual settlement (up until this announcement, he was under contract through 2014, right?) to free up a definite spot for someone else next year???

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The Cocaine Carlo comment and I'm guessing a lack of other available seats on other teams probably helped solidify the decision as well.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and you know that how?

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

just being realistic

I don't doubt his shoulders are a big issue, a huge one and likely the main one. I don't believe it's the ONLY one though.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Debilitating shoulder injury will do it every time - doesn't matter how flowery the rider may or may not come across.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't clicked on the link but a Pramac team manager was interviewed live on Eurosport France during qualifying this morning and said it would be official within a couple of hours that the second bike will be a open class bike, and that negotiations with Eugene Laverty were still ongoing (in response to the reporter asking him if it was true that Laverty had turned them down because the offer was not substantial enough).

19. pearsonm

pearsonm Well-Known Member

20. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

And Hopper.

:D