1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

belly pan

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wizard, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

is a stock 1992 GSXR fairing considered a belley pan or do i need to buy and aftermarket product? if so where

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

A stock lower can serve as a belly pan but it must be modified to have the appropriate holding capacity. I have seen some modified with a wall/lip added to the rear so it actually becomes a "pan" that will retain oil in the even of a failure.

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

If the fairing lower extends the entire length of the motor front to back and can hold the same volume of fluids that are coursing through the motor then yes, it will be considered a belly pan.

Many racers have modified their fairing lowers by extending them rearward and enlosing the rear section using fiberglass.

Bellypans won't be mandatory at the Spring Classic at NFMP in Feb. so you'll have time to check out what people have done. Or just track me down (Yamaha XS650 WERA V #415, AHRMA #151) and I'll try to help out with ideas.