1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaver Run

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn A., Apr 24, 2005.

1. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Any word on Sundays race at Beaver. I crashed out of seacond place in Sat. LWT Solo race in the sleet. Please cancel todays races, I don't need to lose all those points.

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i left in the middle of practice......... they were still going to race

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

A Canuck left? It must've been really bad then.

4. The conditions were terrible today. Traction was worse than yesterday, and visibility was almost zero due to snow and fog on the visor. Races were shortened to four laps apiece, and it was so cold that by the cooldown lap (which gave cooldown laps a hole new meaning) you couldent feel the break lever due to numbness in the fingers.

5. doogank

doogank Well-Known Member

I just got back from the beave! We ran 4 lap races. Let me say it sucked!!!

Frozen snow on the visor, like a snow cone, on both straights. A quick wipe before and after the straights is all u had..

And if u lifted your visor which is your first reaction since u cant see u were F%#$%...snow cone action in your visor..all over!!!!

Hats off to the ones that didnt make it through a 4 LAP race for trying as hard as tey did, and congrads to the ones that ran 15's in that garbage..

I am suprised it was not cancelled......glad it wasn't for the money guys, who by the way determined there finishes before the race....hmmmm......and the nov for getting up there in points and few bucks in contgency they deserved every one of them....

6. crammer1977

crammer1977 SATISFIED ENZYTE USER

I went up and watched the races today; it was cold, i was soaked from the rain/snow mix but I had fun. :up: :beer:

7. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I want to apologize to all the folks in the LWT race #5 if i scared the shit out of you on the back straight. I went a weeee bit wide in 7 and ran alongside the track through the mud for what seemed like an eternity!!!

I couldn't see jack in that race. I think i wiped all the Rain-X off my visor in the F2 race.

I felt fine in the F2 race and took second.

Props too all those that ran today. Mad props to SVandST for the sweep. Won LWT solo on saturday and F2, LWTSS, and LWTSB today.

8. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

good to hear no one was seriously hurt in any crashes..

f-ing weather...:down:

9. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mook!

Don't worry about points, Shawn. There were only 3 white plates in F2, 2 in LWTSS, and 1 in LWTSB. It was lonely out there! Sorry to see your crash on Saturday. The lap chart showed you were gaining on me so we could have had a good battle for the finish.

I hope you and your bike are okay so we can mix it up sometime later this year.

I have to admit, although I definitely prefer 80 degrees and sunny, this weekend was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Riding in the rain is pretty cool (I just don't like the 35 degrees with sleet and snow part) :wow:

10. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

The guys who raced today truly earned their points - it's really too bad that wera doesn't have a double points snow policy for weekends like this.

I'll remember today the next time the guys complain about it being too hot and the sun too bright in their eyes.

It was amazing to watch how many were able to save it - running off the track into the mud- and returning to the track to complete races.

I only wish that I'd taken video of the weekend - I did manage to watch almost every race outside - thank you to beaver run management for locking the 2nd floor of the garages so all spectators had to stand outside just like the racers.

We were thankful to have rented a garage for the weekend - that made it a little easier.

I'm glad it's over

Michelle

11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Oooooops, i forgot to give props to Clutch too.

I think he swept the Novice LWTsolo, F2, LWTSS, and LWTSB also!!!

Fokker!

:beer:

Oh yeah, zbunny... the garage space was da bomb!! Shhhhh, don't let the others know.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  12. SVandST

The garages sucked.

Don't ever rent a garage there.

:D

13. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

I was planning to race this weekend but decided to stay home at the last minute on Friday because of the weather predictions. I thought they would cancel if they got the weather that was predicted. I have raced many times when you spend 90% of your time sitting in the truck with the heater blowing. I can't say I missed that experience this weekend.

A friend of mine crashed on Saturday. He was OK but decided to just watch the Sprint races on Sunday. I'm very glad no one was seriously injured considering the apparent lack of concern for safety. :rolleyes:

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hmmm...lack of safety?? You are the one who decides whether you should go out racing or not.

15. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

You're right, I decided to not race. Those conditions are just begging for disaster. I stand by my first statement about lack of concern for safety.

anyone want some?
    :Pop:

16. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

What didn't you like about the garage?

What didn't you like about the garage?

It wasn't the ritz carlton, but, we had power, water, shelter, easy access to the rest rooms and didn't have to load and unload our trailers everyday.

The only thing missing was a p/a speaker and since the garages were just completed, I'm guessing that there will probably be a speaker by the next race or soon thereafter.

we were even able to pull in to load/unload avoiding as much contact with the elements,snow, as possible

we've rented much less for the same price at other tracks.

michelle

17. SVandST

Everybody is responsible for their own safety. You don't want to race? Then don't. The people who did race did so in a manner that was consistent with the conditions. This was one of the better weekends, crash wise, I've seen. I don't think the ambulance rolled once. I've seen the medivac too many times on perfect weather weekends. Which one is safer?

18. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Hey Shawn A., hope your OK. I was bummed to see you wipe out, but glad you can fix the bike. It was also great to see you. Let me know if you can get your trailer wife-proof by Cycle Jam... :D

As far as pure-sports comments, I have my opinion. That being that I showed up, I raced and I didn't crash. For those that DID show up, let alone finish, earned every point they got.

You decided to stay home, so don't place a commentary on this weekend. That's like saying war is hell but never fighting a battle. Could they have canceled the race? Yes. Did they? No. Could someone have gotten hurt? That risk runs every weekend, sometime more than others. Those of you racing longer than me know that.

Shawn A. wrecked his SV in the Solo race, which is a drag. He wasn't the only one that wadded up his bike that weekend, but he made a choice to go out and knew the risks.

The whole weekend was more a test of spirit then speed, a battle to just finish. The track grip was no worse on Sunday than Saturday, but the visibility and cold were worse Sunday. Hence the 4 lap sprints.

19. SVandST

Re: What didn't you like about the garage?

It was a poor attempt at sarcasm. If everyone knew how great they were (especially on a weekend like this) we might not get one next time.

I think that was the best money I ever spent on a race weekend!

20. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

No worries, but I was looking forward to mixing it up with some faster guys. The first lap of the Solo was hairy, I was so fogged up that I couldn't see from the back straight to the front.
    I'm fine, and the bike is cosmetic