1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bazzaz tc help

Discussion in 'General' started by vinnyb123, Jun 24, 2014.

1. vinnyb123

vinnyb123 Well-Known Member

Wanted to shout out to see if anyone had the same problem I have been having with quick shift? After installing the qs it worked fine for a couple of outings. I now have a problem with it not letting me shift when under heavy exceleration. When I am going slow it shifts fine but when full throttle I can pull up as hard as I can and it won't shift. Any ideas? Who can I get to help fix this issue. When I pull up on the shift lever the orange light seems to light up.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sounds like its not cutting spark to the coils.

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

i had the same issue w/ the stand-alone QS4 unit. at the beginning of every track session, i could get a few shifts in cruising in pit out. but once i got the RPMs up past 8-9k, the unit would no longer cut the ignition and it wouldnt quick-shift. i sent the whole setup back to Bazzaz for testing and they replaced it (only the box, not the sensor or wiring harness).

one thing that the busted box never did that seemed to indicate something was wrong... the shift LED on the actual unit never came on. the LED on the sensor would turn on as expected, but not the one on the electronics box. on my replacement box, this light works as expected.

4. jond

jond Member

I had the same exact problem on my 08 gsxr. I called bazzaz and they said to try turning the set screw on the qs until the light came on then backing it off a little. I can't remember how much, maybe a 1/4-1/2 turn. Its worked fine since then.