1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bazzaz or dynojet feedback?

Discussion in 'General' started by freels22, Aug 24, 2008.

?

bazzaz or dynojet?

1. bazzaz

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. dynojet

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

ok, putting together a 07 gsxr 600 and was wanting to use the bazzaz stuff this time. the programmer, traction control, and quick shifter. does anyone have any feed back on this set-up? any suggestions?

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Works great. Better than the dynojet stuff in every way.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

either that or get the yosh kit ecu

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Well-Known Member

Be sure to get self mapping... I found it more difficult to tune without it. But then again I havent mastered the Bazzaz stuff and am truly a dynojet kind of guy...
    Also Be sure to keep the Clutch switch working properly My buddies 750 only made 117 until we rewired it the correct way then immediately went to 127 before tuning...

5. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I put the FI/QS unit on my '06 750 back in June. So far no problems at all. I had HFD1 motorsports map the bike right before the Road Atlanta round. He seemed to be really impressed with the unit and new version of the software and how much easier it was to tune than the Dynojet since any changes he made were immediate versus having to change/send test again.

I had a PCIII on it before and the throttle response was never quite right, could have been the map in it (custom at a local shop) or the fact that the PCIII requires some workarounds to map it properly on the new GSX-R's. The map HFD1 did for me is extremely smooth and was worth the money having it done.

The quickshifter has worked great so far, running the out of the box settings on cut out times which are settable per gear.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I would wait-there is a new dynojet model coming out...

I have a buddy that endurance races a GSXR 1000 with the bazzaz TC stuff and he hates it. The TC never works quite right, but the QS works OK.

7. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Your buddy's Bazzaz quickshifter is amazing. It worked pretty well again this weekend at Cresson. It is by far smoother than the Dynojet I have on my bike (I think you know the guy who sold it to me:D). Yes, still having TC issues though.:up:

8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

haha! hey you might just need to lengthen the kill time on your dynojet qs to smooth it out.

how did you guys do??

9. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

personally i think the BPD has the edge..but like spooner says, the new DJ IS coming out (i have beat up dusty for years "dude, make a SINGLE unit..call it the Powercommander PRO and have it do fuel, ignition, qs, map offsets, etc") and i think they will have a form of TC.

The new BPD is coming too though with anti wheelie and ignition timing i hear :mouthtape:

Thats the best thing, is DJ has REAL competition now, so they are now stepping up...which will make Ammar step it up and so on....good things.

Personally FOR ME the reason of the BPD over the DJ on your bike is i like the 8 injector control (MUCH MUCH smoother) and also you can offset say 4th gear (if you map for 5th) and such. PLUS you have the ability to store two maps (pump and race gas?) in the BPD.

Most critical thing for EITHER is to have it TUNED RIGHT! Good luck

10. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

thanks to everyone who is giving info. it really helps to hear different sides.