1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain | MotoGP 2016 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jun 1, 2016.

1. SamG

SamG yellow plate for life!!

Pedro got 3rd today though.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I don't do this generally but couldn't help wonder if that dynamic would have happened if Marc had won & Vale came in 2nd. Easier to be magnanimous when you're the winner.

Not that it really matters....

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hey, wet blanket, why don't you go hang yourself in the backyard. :Poke:

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Nothing open but watching Rossi actively ignore Marquez during the conferences was mildly amusing.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They haven't spoken since sepang from what the announcers said

6. SamG

SamG yellow plate for life!!

:D :D

Attached Files:

JTW, Repo Man 32 and TSAVO5150 like this.
  7. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Yes sure....when Iannone and Lorenzo crashed everyone moved up 2 places, except for Crutchlow, the crash pushed him back 5 places.

Just ask him.....

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well, *someone* had to stop and make sure everyone was ok

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Yup, fuck 29, he ruined Cal's race with that crash!!!

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Cal, lol screw that clown. "Clearly we're faster than Danny...."

How delusional do you have to be to say that and keep a straight face.

11. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

^This^

BUT: AI is not a rookie, it seems to me he should know better by now.

You would think. Or hope..... :Poke:

12. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Replay of Iannone this year.

Attached Files:

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I wondered if that was the case when it happened, Lorenzo was going backwards quickly. It's possible Iannone was running his normal pace into the corner and Lorenzo was unexpectedly in the way and once the rear wheel came off the ground it was as good as over.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

If Pirro wasn't already filling in for Baz, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gigi tell Joe to sit out a race.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

http://www.sportrider.com/motogp-case-andrea-iannone-v-jorge-lorenzo?src=SOC&dom=fb

JoT: “So you can make a mistake, but maybe in that moment what Iannone can do is try to go on the outside more than on the inside, because you arrive in one moment and you have to understand that you don't stop and you have to try to go on the outside"

AI said he did everything normal and The CEO was Trackdaying it, and that is why he asked if something was wrong with his bike.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

AI is an alien Crutchlow.....can actually run the pace Cal claims he has with the same exciting crashes we expect every round. :crackup:

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good point! And we get to see AI29 on camera live ...Crashlow is usually..."there's a rider down and yeah it's Cal again.. we'll get some replay footage at some point."

The Great One and Potts N Pans like this.
  18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I chuckled at work reading that...so true!!:crackup:

19. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Hey did you all see that has-been Rossi won a race. Must have been total luck or raining and we just didn't see it. Joe taking George out must have upset all the other riders to allow Rossi to win. MM totally backed off as soon as Goerge was KO'ed. Yep MM wasn't even trying after that. Bet it Rossi's last race win ever. He needs to stop taking checks and allow a decent youngster to have the Yamaha seat. Only reason Yamaha resigned him was for marketing reasons. All those damn Uccios are just living in the past and need to just let Rossi go already........ Did I cover everything? Yep? OK suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :D

Anyone else notice the MotoGP feed go all Fox Sports on us at the end and show replays, garage shots and crowd shots during the last few lap while the battle at the front was happening. Did they hire their producers recently. Um you can show that stuff after the race

20. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Great racing!! Gotta say tho, I'm really disappointed VR missed the safety meeting. I pull for the guy every weekend, but to me that was inexcusable this weekend. Sometimes you have to just suck it up and do what's right. MM.....that slo-mo save...the dude really does have nine lives. Anyone else would have been on the ground. VR rode the perfect race other than another shitty start. It was good to see those two shake hands at the end. Racing can bring out some crazy emotions and it's serious business, but at the end it's just a sport....