1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by slickp12, Aug 19, 2014.

1. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Hi there. Heading down this weekend for the first time. Any suggestions as to where to stay and is camping allowed? Thanks.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just pay the gate fee and camp in the Pits.... Stay on Lower Level on fence for Power... Take a Fan and start Hydrating now... Its gonna be a hot one for sure...

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

Went to Barber for the first time last year. I guarantee the bathrooms/showers are nicer than the ones in a hotel would be... :D

4. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

NO cheap hotels near the track. Find STT guys and gals that live close by. Stay at their homes and make them cook for you. Or camp!

5. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Thanks gentlemen

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Are they ok with pitching tents in the paddock now or do you mean "camp" in your trailer/vehicle?

When I camped there the tent area was just a grassy field with a couple porta cans- very un-Barber like... is that still the case?

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Guess I hadn't really noticed but do they move the porsche corral away from the fence ?

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

We have always set up a tent in the paddock, on the pavement.

9. Tent in the paddock is fine. I did it a month or two ago on the middle level.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes and No... Depends on what car events are coming up... For SCCA stuff that area is Pit Out..

Tents used to be a No No in the Pits.... However I have seen more and more over the years with no worries.. I guess it was like the Dog Rule until someone raised a stink.