1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backpack for work

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, May 20, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a 20 ounce stainless thermos that goes in a side pocket, easy to fill at the airport. However a camel back type option would be nice for other trips.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too funny, I find I do the same thing. If I'll be having meetings then briefcase. Also the briefcase sits on the backseat of the jeep better so it's the go to for taking stuff to the office.

3. caferace

caferace No.

You're at Buttonwillow. Those are truck stops with rooms. :D

-jim

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks for all the input guys.

TJ hooked me up (again).

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I love backpacks, use a Targa I think... work bouoght for me. Tons of little useless compartments like for business cards etc... I had a tank bag forever from icon it worked awesome. I'm going to by that Oakley and try it out.

6. legendndisguise

legendndisguise Well-Known Member

I use the SwissGear Ibex for work, and I travel quite a bit with it. I usually have it pretty loaded, 15" Macbook Pro and a 15" HP Elitebook and a bunch of other crap. Been using it for just over 3 years now and no problems.

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

And, for the record, I went through three of these and two different OGIO bags. The definition of insanity.

http://www.alpinestars.com/tech-aero-backpack-2015

Great pack if it held together and worked. But it didn't. Zippers were junk and so was the stitching. Not the quality I'd expect for the price point and the brand.

Couldn't be happier with the Oakley. And I bought it based off of recommendations from active duty military that said it was their bag of choice.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I was still in Vegas at that point :D However now I'm currently sitting in the tower looking forward to my evening at the Econolodge :eek:

Upside is as weird as that exit is the BBQ and Indian joints are really good food.

9. caferace

caferace No.

I know the places. Good eats, and I live in Tx now and used to live in SF.

Have fun at BW. T47* (last one before the straight) is a bitch.

-jim

* well, that's what we used to call it. The track maps are o_O

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bought a Knox Six Pack years ago from STG. Haven't had to replace it. Dunno if they still make it. Money well spent.

11. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Oakley Icon 3.0, used it for commuting on my bike to work, day trips, overnight trips, weekend getaways. fits a laptop, has a spot for pens, pencils, calculator, key clip, spot to hold your sunglasses or cell phone. Great pack...have had it for 4 years.

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I go through about 1 per year.

Then I got a recommendation for Herschel Supply from Men's health or something. It was like half the price, and has held up very well. Sort of like your basic JanSport backpack that you used to wear in middle school, but upgraded with laptop pocket, side compartments for water bottles, sunglasses pocket, etc.

Now I don't know what is going on because I see all these hipster kids wearing them with huge logos, so they might be ruined now.

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Just thought to revisit this as I just had a conversation about bags with one of my buddies and the Oakley Kitchen Sink is still the perfect every day bag and has gone with me every day to the shop, on every race weekend and on countless flights and is still in perfect working order. I liked the bag so much, I got some Oakley roller luggage at the outlet that's also been great.

I don't feel like people give positive reviews enough on good products that just work. I'd buy another one of these in a heartbeat but as good as it is, I'm not sure I'll ever have to.

14. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

I love mine , starting to get a little old in the tooth probably had it for 10 years old with use every day. Looks like Knox has stopped making them which is a damn shame.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw this pop up and my Knox is still in good shape. I'd definitely buy another or whatever Knox is making now.

16. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Had my Kriega backpack for almost 8 or 10yrs(forgot) and still looks new-ish.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Mark,
    I understand you are new to the game, but real school principals use a briefcase. I have a nice leather one from Duluth Trading that looks good after 7 years in Alaska.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have this bag.
    http://www.targus.com/us/16-expedition-backpack-tsb229us

So far it's been great. Laptop. Two fullsized notebook/portfolios.
    Multiple smaller zipper pockets around back.
    One side pouch has the travel power cable for the laptop and my iPhone chargers. The meshing on the same side keeps a spare phone headset.
    Several clip points which I've attached mini-carabiners to.
    Other side pouch carries a smaller notebook and some pens.
    There's also an inner soft pocket with headphone hole, so you could put in an ipod and rock out with the backpack on.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Going to follow your lead (and Mongos). I had been looking for a new back pack for "work".
    Need something that looks "normal" so that will work perfectly!

I know HondaEast does the Oakley sunglasses do they do these?
    Or any other vendors on here selling them? I hate just buying stuff on EBay or Amazon if someone that sponsors the sport sells the items.

Ride safe,
    AAron