1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backpack for work

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, May 20, 2016.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok, new job is proving to require a new backpack.

I am looking at several of the OGIO models that RD has on clearance, just not sure which one is best suited.

I need compartments for laptop (15-17"), ipad/chromebook, pens/pencils, phone. Also enough cargo space for a couple binders, legal pad at any given moment.

Trying to keep this under $50 if possible, but I don't want to be so cheap I end up with a hindrance not a help.

Any relevant info appreciated.

thanks
    M

2. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Most of our peole have Wenger/Swiss Army backpacks for work. I opted for an Alienware and have been happy. $66 on sale on Amazon right now.

3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I've been through a bunch of every day bags of all different brands. Finally ended up with the Oakley Kitchen Sink and I finally found a bag that holds up and does everything I need. It's not under $50, but if you add up all the money I wasted on other bags that either fell apart or just plain old sucked, I could have bought three of them. Going on about a year of daily use with the Kitchen Sink and it's yet to even show a hint of wear.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

6. metricdevilmoto

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

3rd for the Oakley. 4 years of college and countless trips on the motorcycle and General travel....still looks New and not a thing wrong with it.

8. Hyperdyne

My wife got it for me in 2011 IIRC. The first went to work with me everyday. To the track each time, plus every flight I've taken since then.

Did it die. Nope. Nothing broke, tore, fell apart, nothing. I gave it to my nephew as present for getting straight A's and working his way into a really good private school. And his parents wouldn't buy him one. So I got to be the good uncle.

I went out and bought another one.

tony 340, Joe Lopez and dsmitty37 like this.
  9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I got the Ogio Operative Raceday about a week ago. Helluva backpack for $30 from RD.

10. metricdevilmoto

That's what I like to hear.

11. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

+1 on the Wenger/Swiss. Had mine for 13 yrs, give or take. Has hauled my laptop and work chit all over the world and still good as new, well maybe a little faded. Found another one on sale back in '09 and use it for range/ammo/gun bag when we go shootin'.

12. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Chrome messenger bag esp on the Moto FTW!

[​IMG]

13. Hyperdyne

The Kitchen Sink is nice if you hate checking bags at the airport. It will fit a laptop, change of clothes, and your gear nicely. There's also a side open zipper so you can take your laptop out without having to empty it to go through security. If you go to a meeting or a conference and they send you back with a bunch binders plenty of room for that too.

If you carry, you can fit a full size 9mm/.40/or.45 in one of the side zip pockets.

If it had a hydration pack on it, then I would call it the best pack on the planet. Otherwise it's very close

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kitchen sink here but only because I could get it free with Amex points.

But that's only for travel where the customer won't see it otherwise I'm using my Saddleback leather briefcase.

16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I use an eberlestock x4 hispeed.

I travel, a lot, and it's been with me 80% of the year through air and car travel for two years and it looks brand new. A bit dirty but that's it.

It has two vertical compartments that fit a damn Panasonic tough book which is a monster of a laptop. Two compartments that can be joined or separated. Covered in molle for adding other packs to it.

Incredibly comfortable and has all the right "stuff" for long distance carry.

Only thing is the price. You're not gonna get it for less than $180.

17. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Wait.. a good uncle would have given him the new one. What the hell man!:D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

+1 on the leather. It may not be as convenient but it sure looks more professional. And the more it wears the cooler it gets.

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks all! This gives me some options to consider.

tks
    M

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: Mine is sitting next to me in a hotel room right now. At least 3 if not even 5 years old at this point. I love my Saddleback briefcase but for flying this just works better. It can hold a couple few days of clothes on top of all of the stuff you want to haul around. Has a side zipper for taking the laptop out at airports which also works great for grabbing a folder or whatever else you put in the same compartment. Will hold a 17" laptop easily as well if need be.