1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Roads Triumph internet specials

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Bruce Brown, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Hey Gang,

Back Roads Triumph-MZ-MotoGuzzi has just updated their website with some closeout specials. We are located in Jacksonville, NC phone number 910-347-4050 Yes, the guys at the shop actually ride bikes and sponsor my racing on a 02 Truimph Daytona and MZ Skorpion, plus sponsor Joey Naval on a RS125. You can go directly to the Parts and Accessories section with this link http://www.backroadstriumph.com/index.cfm?id=1500&fuseaction=browse&pageid=87

We are just getting started with the website so the items listed are just a sample of what's in the store. Notice we carry a nice selection of motorcycling books and magazine. The Sportbike Performance handbook by Kevin Cameron is my favorite.

If you have any problems with the site let me know because I'm the numbskull doing the updates :)

Bruce Brown
    www.BackRoadsTriumph.com

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Nice clean site. All links appear to work. Does CJwebbuilder allow upload of .swf, .pdf and other "odd" file formats? If so I can hook you up with Flash, Adobe, PS6 and other useful stuff.

Have you tried using the following addition to the "body" code (in bold)? Simple but effective effect when using an offset background image.

<body topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
    bgcolor="cccccc" text=000000 vlink=000000 alink=000000 link=000000 background=./site_images_user/user_bgimage.jpg bgproperties="fixed">

BTW - for a gander at the new WERA Vintage site, go to:
    http://www.weravintage.org/testindex.html
    let me know of any additions, corrections, whatever input you deem necessary. I need to make sure it works with various browsers and settings before officially releasing it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2002
  3. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Hey Diesel,

Thanks for checking out the Back Roads Site. Sorry, I'm not real techie yet on the website program. FYI, I'm an accountant by training so sometimes programming stuff is over my head. Heck, most things are over my head :) Sounds like we need to hire you as a consult for the Back Roads site.

Hey the new Vintage site looks great! I used my high-speed access here at work to check it out. All the links seem to be working. FYI, I'm using Internet Explorer 5.50 version to browse the site.

4. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

wow the new vintage site looks modern :) looks good dude! :cool:

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'd like to reiterate that I'm open for all input be it good or bad. I know you've heard this kinda crap before but it really is your site (I just do the coding) and it's appearance and functionality should be decided by the WERA Vintage racers.

Another item worth mentioning is the graphics... if you have a header, logo, whatever that you think would improve the looks of the site, send it to me and we can all vote on using it (please refrain from submitting logos that are nothing more than self promotion or images of babes with "monster yabbos"/"serious junk-in-the-trunk", the latter of which will be gladly accepted for personal use :)).

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member