1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Protector

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, Jun 10, 2002.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have a 7 plate Teknic back protector is this good enough to use under race conditions. It looks tuff enough but it was cheap only like $50. I know a good one from Knox or Bohn is like $170. I'm trying to get other peoples inputs on what they use,what works,and what's comfortable. Thanks
    Jason

Last edited: Jun 10, 2002
  2. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I have one and I have seen a few people that use it in races. Most suits also have some kind of back protection as well.

3. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

That is a really IMPORTANT part of your gear. I think that most of the stuff that comes in a suit is crap. I would also say that I think this is a case where you get what you pay for. More importantly if you have to ask about the one that you have maybe that is the biggest signal to get a better one. I wear a Knox because I actually believe that stuff about the honeycomb absorbing the impact of a crash, however it is supposed to be replaced after a landing on it. It's your spine you make the call.

4. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

I have one of those Teknic back protectors too. They come with the higher priced race suits. I don't use it though. I am more comfortable with my Dainese BAP back protector, it has thicker plates. After the incident at Summit this weekend, I am thinking of upgrading.

5. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

6. actiontek

actiontek Well-Known Member

We have switched from Dainese to Bohm.

7. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

What about spidi back protectors, have anybody used them are they any good, thanks Dale

8. toeslider

toeslider Where is Watkinsville?

I use the teknic and I have had a few get-offs. It has always worked for me. The teknic is thinner than some of the others so it fits under the leathers better. If you are thinking of buying one of the other ones you might want to try it on with your leathers first. Some of them are thicker and may not fit under your leathers to good. P.S.-You need to start racing again before you worry about this...you gots to take up my slack now!!!

9. toeslider

toeslider Where is Watkinsville?

Oh yea-You need to change your thing to "trying to catch charles." It won't be too hard to catch me now. The only way that I can ride is if you guys can pick me up and put me on my bike like they had to do with Miguel when he broke both of his legs a few years back!!!

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I don't think we could pick you up Steve! Glad to see you're doing better. Call me soon.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Steve I still don't think I can catch you :D Sorry I haven't been over to see you in a few day's but it's been crazy with work and going to Roebling and all. Don't worry about me I'll be running at Kershaw. Roebling was a kick in the ass. Uncle Ron was leading Charlie around for about 5 laps before Charlie past him going into turn one and Charlie ended up with the GSF Award so I guess I need to come get it to give to him. I wish you could have been there. Kris and I were on the front straight and when they came by at the end of the first lap and we saw Ron in front of Charlie we went crazy. Anyway I'll talk to you soon and If you need anything call me.
    P.S. Tell grandmother to put your baby pictures back up :D