1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome news for WERA Southeast Racers!

Discussion in 'General' started by annie650, Mar 12, 2013.

1. annie650

annie650 Well-Known Member

Marietta Motorsports is not only sponsoring the Southeast Sportsman Series, but we will now have Craig ‘Huey’ Stewart working at all of the Southeast regional rounds, as well as some of the national rounds. As many of you know, Marietta Motorsports and Huey have been a big part of the WERA and AMA paddocks for a long time. Lucky for us, Huey will be bringing his extensive knowledge to WERA track events in 2013! It’s really great that he has committed to help us at the track for so many events, so please take advantage of all he has to offer and support him too!

Starting this weekend at Roebling Road, Huey will be coming fully equipped to help YOU! He will be there ready to work on Friday morning for practice until Sunday when the races are over. To have your bike’s suspension specifically set up for you and dialed in as needed over the course of the weekend, the cost would be $40. We are also bringing tools to refresh front forks, swap front and rear springs, and install aftermarket cartridges for an additional fee.

Additional services he will be providing will be crash repair, general bike repairs/maintenance, and the best one of all…he will be bringing equipment to flash stock Yamaha R6 and R1 ECU’s at the track for $150! The re-flash will fix the TPS map to give you a more 1 to 1 throttle response instead of the dumbed down stock map, it will make the timing map more aggressive, give you a factory quickshifter, and it will allow adjusting of idle, etc. He re-flashed my R6 and it made a world of difference.

Come by the Marietta Motorsports pit when you get there! You’ll see the big green Dodge, silver trailer, Marietta Motorsports banner, and Anne’s #181 most prettiest poka-dotted R6 in the world.  We are set up to accept all major credit cards, cash, and check.

We look forward to seeing everybody there. Please call the shop to order your parts ahead of time if you need parts for work done at the track. 770-425-5252 or email [email protected].

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huey who?

:D

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Will he be scantily clad? How much will he charge for umbrella services?

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Will he be at Barber? Please say yes.:D

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

That sounds pretty awesome

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

OK Annie, I like it!
    Now please tell Huey that I want the special Kawi 250 massage...;)

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

If he sets his .05 mustache ride stand up next to my pit again I'm going to set his legs a fire, and hand Ed a bottle of racoon's piss to put him out.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't tell him I said so but Hoooooooooey is good people.

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I feel like things have come full circle between Huey and WERA. Pretty cool all the way around too.

However, I will continue to live in a Huey Free Zone.

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Awesome!

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Damn, I thought Highrock International Raceway was opening. :D

12. ballsohard

ballsohard Active Member

If he flashes my R1 I don't need to use the clutch to shift? Can you explain how?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  13. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Thanks y'all.
    Joe, you better move off the planet or get mom to give you a pass cause I'm world wiiiiddeee!

With the R1 flashes I can enable a factory quick shifter. You / we'll have to install a dynojet shift sensor where your old shift rod went and wire that into your ECU (bike brain). YOu just stay at full throttle and move your shifter to the next gear. The sensor will tell the ECU you're shifting and the ECU will momentarily kill fuel and spark. That split second of kill time unloads the gears and allows it to easily go into the next gear.

14. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

Wish you would have offered this last year.. Have to take this year off from racing which makes me sad...

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Great to hear.

16. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Thanks for the post Anne. Good info [​IMG]

I don't know cwap but if there's anything I can help with Hooey, come find me. Hobbi trailer, US and Seabee flags... I'll be the one with me feet kicked up drinking Jack and Coke :cool:

17. MDGeist

MDGeist Tropical Splash rider.

Kewl. :up:

18. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Hooey, check your messages :cool:

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Bump for some awesome service. :up:

Huey was an awesome help to me this weekend. I got him my forks late Thursday night, and I guess after he got his pit setup, he stayed up late rebuilding them. They were laying on my bike when I woke up at 7am, on Friday. After my first couple practices, he came over to see how they were doing, and after some discussion we decided to pull them back off to up the oil weight, which he did very quickly during the lunch break. He even spent a decent bit of time drawing diagrams to help me with my lines, since it was my first time to Tally.

He even let my wife model his t-shirt, only backwards. :D

This was my first experience doing business with Marietta Motorsports, but it won't be my last. Thanks Huey! :rock: