1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Throttle Blippers

Discussion in 'Tech' started by scoob4fun, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and i kept saying i didnt need one..........then i got one 2 years ago. Then i thought "w t F didnt i have one of these sooner??????" I lovessssssss my slipper clutch.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

In the right hands and used correctly it will lower laptimes, Sometimes it takes a change in mindset and riding styles.

3. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Attack racing got his to work pretty good.

4. RacerB36

RacerB36 Well-Known Member

You guys will complain about anything just to hear yourself type.

If it does not help lower lap times then why is it on every MotoGP and World Superbike.

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

it did mind, and yep, changed riding style too. :up: When i first started racing, i didnt mind the ass end dancing around entering the turn. At almost 51 and more times hitting the ground than i care to count, not so much anymore. I'm diggin how stable the bike is now, MUCH more smoother entering. :up:

6. scoob4fun

scoob4fun Well-Known Member

You do realize we are talking about auto blippers not Slipper Clutches......

I agree with you, slippers are a must have.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You didn't see the topic change, and then morph?? KeepUp Man KeepUp..:crackup:

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Old man Clark get's in on it, you never know where it is going to go!;)

9. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

He rode the Ducati to good effect and I don't remember him crashing it once. He had several crashes while competing in a KTM spec series in Germany.

10. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

they need it for the gsxr

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So....back on topic....if you are trying to keep your front end within a certain range of its stroke, while trailbraking, I can see how this new tool would help. No slight bobbing up and down in the stroke while downshifting and braking. That may not matter that much, but that is the main benefit I could see for a rider that is already able to downshift in a competent manner.

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You refering to the slipper or auto blipper????;)

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You should already have all your down shifting done, before you are trail braking....IMO.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was referring to the auto blipper.

After thinking about your comment maybe I should have said while braking. I'm not smart enough to know when the transition goes from braking to trail braking. If I were home, I could ask my kid and he could explain it to me. I'm guessing it is the moment of turn-in, and if that is the case, I agree the down shifting should be done.

Both you guys have mucho respect from me, so.....if I'm out of line please correct me.

15. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I still catch myself blipping once in a while since that's how I grew up racing. One I got a slipper a few years ago I was like "holy crap why did I not buy a bike with one earlier?". Bang bang bang....done. Auto blipper looks neat to me, but just don't think it's needed

16. cleanEG

cleanEG Well-Known Member

Does the auto-blipper work at the mall, stop lights, beach, bike nights, and other location besides the track? Also, can you set it to blip to 10k rpms to show off my exhaust? :D

17. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

F that!

Does it work for Bike Night at The Vortex?

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

edit...nevermind:rolleyes:

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Isn't this what you guys use in the F1000 cars?