1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian moving to the US - very grateful for advice!

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Raging inferno, May 26, 2017.

1. Raging inferno

Raging inferno Well-Known Member

Brings a whole new meaning to cold tear...

How often are there trackdays/race meets at NJMP?

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've never seen snow in October, to the best of my knowledge. March and April? Every five years or so there'll be a reasonably sized storm but certainly not consistent.

I ride with Absolute Cycle (which now partners with Team Promotion via "TRU" events) and there are 27 track days at NJMP. I know N2 runs trackdays there as well, and if I had to guess I'd say they do between 8-12 days. CCS has two race weekends a year there, AHRMA runs at least one race weekend if not two, and some outfit called WERA just started hosting a race weekend :D

There's also mini open track days at the kart track there Thursday-Sunday weekly. Finally, there's an MX course as well.............

Adding in Sandy Hook miniGP and NJMP miniGP, I've got 57 active dates on my 2017 bike schedule - first day was March 18th and the last is November 11th:

upload_2017-6-22_9-43-20.png

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never said they happen all the time but I've seen snow in October here in Atlanta.

NJMP is cool other than having to go through VA to get there :D It was funny, the Jersey part of the trip was the most enjoyable (on the way up, poured rain on the way home so that sucked).

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

From NJ, you could probably get someone to trailer it to the occasional race or track day at Summit Point or Pitt Race. I know there were several people form Jersey at the N2 track day this past weekend at Pitt Race.

5. Raging inferno

Thanks for the very informative post. It looks like NJMP is open often.

6. Raging inferno

I've been doing some Youtube research. Pitt Race looks awesome. Summit seems cool too but the run-off at certain points is a bit dodgy.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Summit Main isn't too bad, but if you run track days, go with N2 or Evolve GT. They put up the air fence. All the race organizations use the air fence too. MotorcycleXcitement track days doesn't. Roger Lyle who runs it is generally a great guy, but I don't know why he refuses to put up the air fence there.

Raging inferno likes this.