1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin, Texas USA | MotoGP | 2017 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Are there Hayden-haters here anymore, besides Visla? Haven't seen one other than him in a while.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Visla hates everyone.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Except Rossi.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yea do people actually "hate" hayden? how do you hate that dude? he seems like a super nice guy and a hard worker and a damn good racer, and he was always super upfront about any of his own shortcomings where others might throw their team or the tires or the bike under the bus. always respected that. i just don't feel like he's "legendary" any more so than a Fogerty, Gibernau, Capirossi, Biaggi, Haga, Mamola, Nieto, etc...

there's like "this dude is really really brilliant at riding motorcycles," then there's dudes like Doohan, Surtees, Lawson, Ago, Rossi, Hailwood, Sheene, Read... those are legendary to me. that's all.

83BSA and I'm with Stupid like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People spend a lot of time bitching about him on here to not feel something. Of course there are a lot of bitches on here too :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The legendary thing is a whole different story, I don't think anyone takes their list seriously.

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I remember when Hayden came onto the scene in AMA riding the Hypercycle GSXR. Sliding that thing masterfully in every corner. Doug Chandler was complaining saying he was a danger to the field etc.. I love him. Was like nobody else. Im totally biased as there hasnt been an American with his caliber since. And yes he was well ahead in points in the championship in 2006 which took a major turn when he was taken out. Those are facts. Yes, it wasnt a lock but it was his to manage until then. Thats why its racing though.

83BSA likes this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:rolleyes:Did you watch the whole season or did someone just tell you about a race once where Rainey got hurt? I really would not call getting ass packed by Doohan at Donnington and having to ride the rest of the year with a fucked up wrist a "gift". He was leading Rainey in the championship before he got knocked down and was on form so it is quite a leap to think that if you took the 2 crashes out of the equation that Rainey would have somehow beaten Schwantz to the title when Scxhwantz was on form.

Besides, the whole "gifted" title bullshit is just that. Bullshit. You are not gifted fuck all at that level. I guess it is just semantics though. What you call a gift I call being in a position to take advantage of someone elses mistake.

9. Sweatypants

these kind of discussions though DO always make me wonder who's name would be on that top step under different team/bike configurations. there's no doubt in my mind Mamola would have some under his belt if he had the best bike in the field and not that hunk of shit. flipside... Pedrosa lols.

likewise... Zarco on a Repsol or a Movistar, compared to what if he never gets a premier ride just cause that's the way all the contracts and timing work out... that kinda thing.

even look at like F1... i love Hams, he's awesome... clearly the last few years his car has been unstoppable though above the rest. or like the Redbull with Vettel, or Schumi with Ferrari... how much is the package and equipment and how much is JUST the phenom rider is always a curious mix to me and how we remember certain people.

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The easiest way to tell if it is driver/rider vs machine is the team mate.

11. Sweatypants

true. so then Hams and Nico would seem to be pretty even then. a Marquez or a Stoner to Pedrosa... not so much haha

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Which hunk of shit are you referring too? The class standard for the time period RG500? Or the Rothmans Honda? Or the Lucky Strikes YZR500?

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yes I watched the 93 season unfold. Rainey was leading the title chase before his accident. Yes Schwantz was having a good year, but Rainey was having a better one.

My point was how the Hayden haters love to say he was gifted a title, but nobody ever brings up the fact that Schwantz only has one because Rainey got paralyzed.
    Fact is, both of them won a title. Yet plenty of idiots try to take everything they can from Hayden.

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Not always true.

For example, when Rossi went to Yamaha, he was getting Ohlins goodies as well as a host of other things the rest of the Yammies, including his teammate, never received (and rightfully so). Hell, Lorenzo had to have it written into his contract to get the same parts at the same time as Rossi. Politics I'm sure dictates things like this.

In 2005, the Honda Movistar team wasn't on equal ground. Melandri was the test mule for HRC on a host of frames they kept developing throughout the season. Same with Hayden in 2006, his bike was ever evolving (sometimes better, sometimes worse), while Dani's pretty much stayed the same throughout the year.

15. Sweatypants

the Cagiva?

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Rainey took the lead in the title chase after Schwantz was knocked down and busted up his wrist. Kevins year to that point was better than Raineys and he was 20 points ahead going in to that race. It was the KS DNF and WR getting 2nd at Donnington that evened it out.
    I agree that the Hayden haters are fools with the whole "gifted" thing but I have heard alot of people spout that crap about Schwantz too.

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

numbers don't l1e

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

T15 stands were pretty full on Sunday, lines for anything that afternoon were very very long. My next trip there will include either a trackday there or TTBC session. Absolutely loved hearing Kevin & Josh on the mic, would have been better had I been able to hear them better. If they broadcast that on a local FM station that would have been really cool. Kevin stated the ticket sales were better this year, I think...

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Ah, I agree. That was a dumpster fire ride. But, he only rode it the last 3 years of his career. I didn't read your statement of fecal status as just for those years, but his entire career. My mistake.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!