1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi driving experience?? does it count as a "defensive" driving school?

Discussion in 'General' started by E=MC2, Nov 19, 2006.

1. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

There's a new law, due to too many dumbasses not knowing how to drive or being too stupid to pay attention, so now I (and anyone else under 17, as if the difference between 16 and 17 is so dramatic) have to take a driving course to get my license. The insurance companies only offer a discount for "defensive" driving school, will the Audi driving experience get me an insurance discount?

(btw, i tried to call them but no answer, the mailbox was full so no leaving a message either)

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Were you calling your insurance company or Audi?

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'm not sure if it qualifies as defensive but my daughter got a break on her insurance after she took it. All I had to do was fax the insurance company the certificate she received.

4. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

And there's also a good student discount. I also faxed over her transcripts and that alone saved about $400/year

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it does count.

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

How about the Richard Petty Driving Experience? :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Somehow I don't think so.

The Audi school is supposed to be pretty good.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I wonder if that's the same school I saw at NHIS last year. They set up about 3-4 autocross courses all over the property in various lots. They were transporting the different groups around in busses and letting everybody take a shot at each course. The track told them that they could use the road course during our lunch break. (We had a Dunbar Track Day in progress)
    This sound like them?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure, this one is a permanent gig at Road Atlanta, they do some autocross style stuff, braking drills, maneuvering drills and the like.

10. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

the insurance company said I had to call the Audi school, since they didn't know.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It counts.

12. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

I just registered for the 2-day course, the school looks like fun!

13. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

when are you taking it? cosT?

14. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

Dec 27-28, it's $1095. The next one day course wasn't until march or may. for $500 i get to do the slalom course and some other stuff, plus the difference in the time I will be able to get my license will allow me to get a job so much earlier I can make up for the school cost difference. and I really, really want to drive without my mom in the car. I love my mom, but I can NOT stand driving with her. She tells me every single thing that I'm supposed to do, even after I've been driving for almost year. "you know you stop at that red light?" "make sure you yield when you turn!" "SLOW THE HELL DOWN, you're doing 57 in a 55!!!!" "don't get so close to that car (followed by) don't slow down for no reason!""there's a patch in this road, if there is a car on the other side of the road down go over the double yellow line to avoid the bump" "BRAKE! BRAKE! BRAKE! (far away from a red light)"

15. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

You may want to check with thw DMV as most of the school requirements are a drving instruction school IE the basics, not advanced training like a Defensive driving course surprised GA has nto had this requirement in the past as I hd to take a course in TX 20 years ago in order to get my permit/license prior to 18.

16. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

the teen school has the basics. there's a written test and everything.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Cut her some slack, Nick, she's your mom. She loves you and is worried about you, that's all.

18. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

I know, but it's still worth $500 to not have to drive with her :D

hey will you check my math in the +20hp chip thread? "mr. rocket scientist" :D

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I don't pretend to know anything about internal combustion engines, at least to the degree that you are discussing. But I'll take a look.

Edit: Took a quick peek, and that looks like a lot of nonsense for a car, but I have the easy answer for you.

You need a vette. I happen to have one for sale.

:D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006