1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta WERA Racers

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Any local Atlanta racers have extra room for an additional guy for races and trackdays? I'm looking to partner up with someone to share costs.

I also wouldn't mind meeting some new friends in the area that have similar interests.

I recently moved up from Miami, FL. It seems difficult to make friends up here, which surprises me.

Let me know if you or someone you know would be interested!

2. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I found your problem.... "I recently moved up from Miami, FL"

[​IMG]

3. jeffr1ey

trust me, i'm not your typical floridian.. from chicago originally.. and couldn't agree more with said "stereo type"

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hang out at some local shops such as Marrieta Motor Sports and I am sure you will meet some like minded folks. I've met most of my race friends at the races. Get to the first Tally round and you will be literally surrounded. Give away food and beer too!
    Beware of the responses you will get on this forum; some cross-dressers are trolling......

Seriously, welcome to the insanity!:beer:

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Atlanta peeps? ITP or OTP? there's a difference. those ITP folks are a little weird, IMHO. :D

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's because they are all from somewhere else.

:D

7. jeffr1ey

Cool.. I actually went up to Marrieta shop a few months back, seemed like everyone was pretty cool. I guess I should head back up there and see if they know anyone looking for a race partner.

I don't have a way to transport my bike, so getting to Tally could be an issue.

Thanks for the advice though.

I assume ITP = Inside The Perimeter and OTP = Outside the Perimeter?

If so, I would be considered OTP, I live in Smyrna. :up:

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

:up: there should be plenty of good folks over on that side that you could hook up with.

9. jeffr1ey

very cool!

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd claim that as a good thing :Poke: :D

11. jeffr1ey

which part? :D

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'll help you a bit. This is sort of like online dating.

You'll need to let everybody know what your favorite beer is, and how many cases you will be bringing to each race weekend.

Your grilling ability would be helpful info, too.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Haha…I was going to say he needs to be in the online dating thread.

14. dtalbott

You think it would help him to say, "There's nothing I enjoy more than pulling the wheels off a bike, carrying them to the tire guy for new tires, bringing them back, and putting them back on the bike?"

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Or safety wiring brake bolts to candlelight on a warm summer evening!

16. i work in smyrna and live in canton. i wont be racing until april/may but if you need to hitch a ride/split costs i'm sure we can make that happen. it's my first year racing, not from here and i don't know anyone from here. shoot me a pm.

17. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Welcome to the neighborhood! I'm right down the street from you, off of Cooper Lake Rd.
    I can barely fit myself into my race rig, reg cab S10, so I can't help you much there. Do you have a trailer or extra space for others?

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'd hang out with you but you won't like me.

19. jeffr1ey

this would be my first wera season too.. i'm probably looking at the same time frame as well. anyway, i'll shoot you a pm.. :up:

20. dtalbott

He's right. Nobody really likes him. We all just pretend.