1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta area traffic

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Apr 13, 2018.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Hell yes!

Not too long ago someone actually drove into the side of me. Banged up their left side with my front right tire and bumper. It was one of the funniest things I've ever been apart of. I think the driver was just so used to bullying people out of the way that they assumed I'd drive off the road into the ditch. I just stayed where I was, driver gave themselves their own pitt maneuver lol. Was quite a scene afterwards. I got a good laugh out of it, along with the rest of traffic at the light we were coming up to .

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I went through at 2pm and came back through at 7pm.

16 fucking lanes of traffic going 8mph in Both directions. For over 2 hours each time.

Not an accident in sight. Do you know why no accidents?
    Because everyone is going 8 mph.... for no reason.

Seriously, can you get an overnight package by 10:30am in that area? How do they get in and out so quick???? People must die in fires and in ambulances every hour.

I asked several drivers in traffic if it was like that every day. The answer was yes.

Siri had me shortcutting all over hell to save 6 minutes here and 8 minutes there. Every single road was a cluster fuck.

Atlanta politicians must be secret billionaires because your tax money isn’t making that area grow with the population. I saw no major road construction.

3. Mblashfield

I think I’ll go through Florida or Tennessee or Alabama to get back to NC after I leave Road A, I’ll get home a day sooner.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Get on 95 go north if you want to see a cluster fuck

418 likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds like you were going the wrong direction.

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You need a cb and listen to the otr truckers when your sitting in that shit.People argue who's winning the shithole award,but truckers daily give Atl traffic the #1.
    It really all depends on the day,and how many douche bags are playing on phones.
    Ride a 3 legged mule back,and you will get home quicker.Seriously,call 511 Sunday and look for road work.
    That will be the next prize you win trying to get home coming to our well thought out roads.
    Lots of road work,that aint doing shit!

7. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

The idiots from long island are trying to bring that habbit here,

I love the ones who try n squeeze the lane next to them so they have an out if there current lane slows.

It's awesome what 10 big lugnuts spinning will do to a car and not even Mar up the threads of the lug studs. Closely resembles the edge cut from a can opener just a bit more destruction. :) .

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Going thru the ATL? Pfft. 4 am, or bust!

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

In Kuwait they had a chase vehicle that would tailgate us that was used as buffer for anyone that would just come crashing into the car. Apparently the driver's there are pretty nuts or the military guys were bored and wanted something to do.

My wife's family is in ATL and the traffic is annoying but they know when to go and such. It's wild that coming from nashville, we'll get off the interstate about 50 miles north of ATL to avoid traffic to get to sandy springs on a friday afternoon.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

In 2004 my son and I were leaving the AMA races at Barber and heading to a friends house in Marietta. We ended up going around the beltway, on bikes, at 10:30 pm on a Sunday. No way that could be bad, right? WRONG. It sucked way back then.

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Not that bad if you time things and don't have to go North or South...timing is everything.

12. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Lots of ways around if you know...but if you time it wrong, you're screwed.

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Four years ago, the number of stop signs on my 15 mile drive to work doubled.

It went from one to two. I’m still really angry about that.

:D :D :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Daily drivers are the whole reason I travel at night.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think it is because you drive a Fiat 500?

If you had a real man's car, the drive would be much more enjoyable.:crackup:

Funny, I've told my kids a few times, when some jerk doesn't want to let me into the merge lane in traffic, "he cares about his car much more than I care about mine, he will let me in". I can never understand why a.holes don't want to let you zipper merge into the freeway?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’m with you on that, letting people on - but we all have our limits. I’m not going to hit the brakes on the freeway to let anyone on. It’s a freeway, no brakes allowed and shit.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree, I'm more talking about bumper to bumper stuff we often have out here. I deal with it most everyday in the carpool lane where the Cal Trans geniuses merged two major highways with two carpool lanes into one carpool lane....it's called the Orange Crush.

18. Mblashfield

I’m driving a Prostar 1500 van pulling a JLG articulating boom lift. The Fiat would have been a better traffic negotiator.

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Ram Promaster?

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Respectable aggression is the key....The worst is some lame-o who looks like he wants to merge then backs out of it when it's way too late. I usually laugh when I see them stopped at the very end of the entrance ramp with their turn signal on.
    I'll admit that I am always a little nervous when trying to merge when I'm pulling my 42 ft toy hauler. I've never once had a problem though, even near a city. I've found the semi's to be the most courteous drivers at letting me in.