1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army records altered by Kerry?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tunersricebowl, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

2. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Well??

3. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Haaaallaaaoooooo???

4. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Kerry was in the Navy not the Army.

Kerry was in Vietnam.

5. Tunersricebowl

I meant to say NAVY.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

What's the news here? No records were produced to support his claim that he was in Cambodia (or records to prove he was somewhere else). The BDA on the boat isn't conclusive IMHO, kinda hard to figure it out either way from reading that article - but smashed windows and some inoperable equipment does not conclusively indicate or support claims that they were in a gunfight.

I'm not even sure how much reliance can be placed on the military records, especially the efficiency reports and the like. Ever watch Catch-22?

7. Tunersricebowl

8. Knarf Legna

The only people who know for sure are those who were there. So far we have two accounts. I doubt that much will be produced to prove it one way or the other, but time will tell.

What disturbs me most about Kerry exploiting his military record is that it's in direct conflict with his behavior after the war. That's hard to look past.

9. racerlover

racerlover Well-Known Member

I think this is pathetic. We all have a right to underline our accomplishments without being slapped in the face for them. The facts are he enlisted when he could have easily avoided it with family money. He did win some medals and by degrading that or questioning that you are making light the accomplishments of all soldiers who return with medals. He was there, he saw what he saw...there were crimes committed on civilians by our men. That was proven years ago. No, not by all of them but some and for whatever his purpose in speaking out it brought light to it and controversy and public outcry. That's what should of happened. I lost friends in that war. I said good-bye to sweet guys who thought they were going over there to protect our country. It was a sad period in our history. It was a turning point in believing in our government. Shame on y'all for making him out to be a bad guy for his service. And, if he wants to go on and on about it..so be it. The media, the republicans and their cohorts talk about it just as much if more then he does. Damn...let it go.

10. cedestech1

cedestech1 Well-Known Member

The whole Vietnam era was screwed.

What he or W did or didn't do during that era should be left alone.

He did chose to make it a issue when he brought it to the
    front as a reason to legitimize his role as commander and chief.

I work in a business that puts me close to people with out
    having to actually work "with" that person. If they are a turd
    or dumbass or completely incompetent I can tell it
    in 4 months.

I'd like the entire debate shifted to what he's done
    after Vietnam to today.

That would be way more damning then anything
    he's accused of right now.

Of coarse that is why he chooses to run on his military
    record instead of his senate record.

11. Knarf Legna

He was awarded medals and chose to throw them away - or at least that was his story in 1971. He admitted that he threw his ribbons away, and in the eyes of a veteran ribbons are the same thing as medals. If that's not degrading then nothing that's said here comes remotely close.

And you're using quite a leap of logic if you are inferring that questioning Kerry's flip-flop somehow degrades anyone else. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Don't make the assumption that people on this BBS didn't serve in that war, because you'll be very wrong.

As I said in another post, only the men who served with him know the truth. And there are two differing opinions from those people. With that in mind it is well within reason to question whether or not he's lying about his wounds, lying about being in Cambodia, or lying about how much actual combat he saw. You may want to sweep it under the carpet and see it go away - but I want answers.

12. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I am not degrading all soldiers that returned with medals, just the ones that lied to get them and Kerry is not the only one.

No one likes a fake, especially in the military.

With Kerry it is like the "hero" that runs into the burning building to rescue all the people and is hailed as a hero and then the next day you find out he was the one that started the fire.

Kerry brings up President Bush's record to make him look like shit. Nobody has a problem. But let anyone stand up and discredit the the fair haired Anybody But Bush poster boy and whoa whoa whoa - call a partisan foul and attack the decorated veteran's characters - but definitely don't address the issues they raised.

Kerry talks about all the world leaders he was in contact with that told him he had to beat President Bush in speech. A guy stands up and asks him who and when and all Kerry does is ask the guy who he voted for and in something reminiscent of the McCarthy era - Are you sir or have you ever been a member of the Republican party? Well there it is right there. Partisanship. Never mind the fact that when it was researched Kerry had any meetings with any foreign leader for over a year.

No wonder why the news does what it does. It knows how stupid the majority of the people are and they will never get caught. Whatever you do, don't ask any questions about what is being served to you on plate the media whores just brought, just suck it all right up.

And I just want to let everyone here know that John Kerry was in Vietnam.

13. racerlover

Why is it so important for you to know the truth about whether or not Kerry lied about his war record, but not want to know why no one even remembers seeing Bush show at all?

Why do you want to know for sure that Kerry was getting fired at when he jumped in to save the guy, and not be just as concerned about the lies told by Bush and his administration in order to get us in this war?

I'm concerned about the grants going to church run orgainization who supposedly help the poor and needy. Talk about a violation of our constitution. Wow!!

I'm concerned about the fact that the republican party uses the christian right and the gun-bearing rednecks to further their corporate agenda.

The double standard is rediculous. Some hate Kerry cuz he has money...Bush aint no poor kid from the sticks either. Although some may think so with the rod and reel in his hand and that pickup he jumps into when the cameras are rolling.

Oh, whats the use. It was the same thing with Clinton. And, what are the history books writing about him? Pick one up and read it someday. Not a whole lot mentioned about Monica in there, or whitewater. This is just another instance of harping on the unimportant because its the only thing available to smear a liberal.

14. racerlover

And, I just want to let everyone here know that George Bush wasn't in Vietnam.

15. racerlover

I am coming to that conclusion because of the obvious. If he could have so easily lied about his actions to recieve them, then dont you think others could have and did the same thing? Which ones are truely deserved and which ones are not? How many men obtained medals and ribbons by self-inflicted wounds? How many men might have persuaded his fellow soldiers to lie for him in order to get them? If he got his underserved, do you really think he was the only one? So now are we to doubt the validity of all? And, if not, then why not?

16. racerlover

Where in my comments did I assume there were no veterans of Vietnam on this BBS?

17. racerlover

Here's some flip-flopping for ya.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/9463680.htm?1c

Guess its okay for the other side to do it, huh? OH, yeah, their republicans..they never do that. But, then you only want to question the flip-flopping of the liberals.

18. Knarf Legna

If you consider the most powerful man on the planet exhibiting the ability to tell the truth "unimportant" then there is no use continuing. If Kerry lied about his military service, then it should be brought to light and that will factor into reasonable person's voting.

Clinton was a laughing stock and a compete disgrace to the office, the sooner you admit it the better off you'll be.

And, please, try to focus on the discussion of Kerry's military record, that's what's being discussed, not Clinton, not Bush. Focus, as hard as it may be to confront.

19. Knarf Legna

I took your whining about how you were personally hurt by your Viet Nam experience as a outreach for sympathy of some sort. My point was that there are people on this BBS who suffered far more and don't whine about it. What was your point in bringing that up? In any case, your personal experiences with Viet Nam, unless you were on a boat with Kerry, are about as relevant to this discussion as the Clinton references. That is, they're not.

20. Knarf Legna

You're right, it is obvious, one man's lying is proof positive that everyone else did also. No need to discuss any more, I accept your theory. :rolleyes:

Let me give you a small hint - Kerry is running for President. That's the reason for the interest. Don't really care if Joe your neighbor lied to get his medals.