1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are black lives matter the new brown shirts?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jul 8, 2016.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'd pull the pin FIRST. Less invasive. I'm thinking of me, not him.

Shyster d'Oil likes this.
  2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Nigel kinda likes stuff involving insertion. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the original title of the thread - no they are not. Just as with everything you have a lot of people trying to good and make a difference in their world. Then you have a handful who are using the movement/religion/cause to further their own fucked up agenda. Civil rights wasn't any different.

BLM seriously needs a Dr. King as a front man.

joec likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Interesting post however in history the left was the one that spawned the iron fist not the right. Hopefully we don't go near that at all from either side.

5. sheepofblue

But is it even really grass roots? The Wall Street stuff was heavily funded and organized by Democrat support. I wonder sometimes if BLM isn't also. I have heard evidence both ways.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

7. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

The Democrats and BLM calls for demilitarization of the police. Hmmmm. A robot with a bomb took out that killer in Dallas saving lives. I do not agree with the hippies and thugs.

This all started before Ferguson. It started with the instigator. Way back with the beer summit. When the community organizer with Black Panther friends said the cops acted stupidly before he knew any facts. He is a race baiter. And he learned all that crap from the Reverend Wright. Another bigot.

jrsamples, XFBO and crashman like this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    The majority of the blame for how out of hand everything has gotten lands firmly on the shoulders of the one person that should have been doing everything he could to bring the country together. President Obama has driven a wedge deeper in to the race issue every time he opens his mouth. It seems he would rather defend criminal scumbags and terrorists over the police or the armed forces though. What a sad excuse for a leader...

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, when you have an activist, cop hating President, like Obama, who has done nothing but preach hateful lies regarding anything with the police, then yea, millions of people WILL BE misinformed with the facts.....thus creating further division amongst races in this country.

And that's why I disagree with Mongo's post earlier today. Racism is absolutely in the decline since the 70's but man, the division amongst race or party affiliation is at it's highest in my lifetime.

cav115 likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not a geography major are you?

Ghost of Casby, Venom51 and jrsamples like this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's equal opportunity. We hear "iron fist" and think of Communism (waaaaaaay far left) but a lot of your smaller dictatorships, middle eastern madmen, and others were very far right, nationalistic types. I think technically Nazis were far right. I know their ideology was in extreme conflict with Communism.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure it's not at the higher end. Neither was the civil rights movement really, they were very calculating in a lot of ways like using Rosa Parks and not Claudette Colvin. If they're to be successful they need support.

Occupy was just stupid :D

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Speaking of............. at my old job we had sales territories, and one of those that always had a lot of turnover was NC and SC. Well one of the noobs made the blunder of all blunders on one sales trip. He books a meeting with the CEO of a hospital, pads his schedule with a few more meetings in the surrounding area, and books his flight. This is here it gets funny - our office was in Columbia, MO. His prospective client was in Columbia, SC. He booked his flight for Columbia, NC. The guy doesn't realize his mistake until he's driving around trying to find the hospital. He calls the CEO to ask for directions. CEO calls him a dumbass, cancels the meeting, then calls our boss to complain/make fun of the noob.

jrsamples likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF, I didn't know until now there was a Columbia, NC (population 891). There cant be an airport of any size within 70 miles, much less a hospital.

Ghost of Casby and Venom51 like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm sure I have it backward. Jest of the story is the same - guy who should have known better (it was his sales territory) screwed up, hilarity ensued.

17. sheepofblue

Nazis were definitely leftist, nationalist does not mean right or left. Neither does isolationist.

Why was there ideology in conflict with communism? Not saying THEY weren't merely question the ideology and would be interested to hear. From my perspective the Nazis were all about central control and anti-individual which fits into communism nicely. I also think they were mostly anti-religion unless it served the state. The main difference is that I don't think they had the hatred of successful people that communism does.

18. sheepofblue

100% agree that the civil rights movement was grass roots. Lots of church involvement at the local level organizing trips etc.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

SPLITTER! :p

20. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

:crackup:.....:confused:....1st sales job in TN....long before google and stuff. went to Clarksville, TN for a meeting in Cookeville, TN.....guy ended up buying from me after I told him the story....just out of pity I am sure. of course, back then, there was no open container law in TN, so you didn't always end up where you intended... :beer: