1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want a Nicky Hayden fairing?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you can't figure it out the issue is yours...

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I get that it can be taken personal in this group, but the reality is that memorabilia values skyrocket with death. It's the same as art. As soon as the star/artist is gone, everything associated with them now has a limited supply. I don't recall anyone saying the proceeds from Muhammad Ali memorabilia should be donated to charity after his death.

code3ryder and vizsladog like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, that is the reality. Capitalizing on that reality is a douche move. Yes there could be a few exceptions, wanting more for a down payment isn't one of them.

ZimZam likes this.
  4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

No issue at all. Don't care about figuring out about what I don't really care about.

zrx12man likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Where do you draw that line? I don’t have a dog in this fight - just curious.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's a "too soon" issue? Or that the value he placed on it seems high? But more than likely on here it's due to many people here have had personal interactions with Nicky and his family over the years.

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Timing mainly. If Nicky had been dead for 20 years it's one thing, trying to cash in for personal gain after 18 months is too soon.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A major issue for me. It's like someone cashing in on the death of one of my kids. Do it for charity - fine by me. For a down payment on a house? No.