1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone shopping around for a project car?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 15, 2018.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

I had one like that. 2.1l water boxer, syncro. Thing was a tank.
    Funny, my secondary vehicle at that time was a M109 :D

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:confused: Huh?

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

In a MG, a S2000 VTec would be the way to go. I believe Classic Car Studio in St Louis did one.

It may have been a Triumph TR3 on second thought.

5. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Isn't that the Beetle the guy sold to his brother ( or something like that ) to get the money to start Domino's Pizza?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why would you crush that beetle? Dude!

Turn it into a dune buggy. Crush it and the purist will be pissed for a few days, make a dune buggy out of it they will get pissed every time they see it.

7. If you can find the original antifreeze overflow bottle pay $2m.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I like the way you think. I will reconsider.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Whoever pays 1 million dollars for that thing should be embarrassed and ashamed for the rest of their miserable life. What a f@cking joke

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Should have bought our mini cooper with the B16 tuned to 200hp. It was dope.
    1969-mini-cooper-fully-custom-vtec-b16-honda-drivetrain-too-much-to-list-2.JPG

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Best snow car ever, so much fun.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

There was a story about Frank giannini buying a fairly nice Ducati mk1 250 from some guy years ago. He took it to the end of the guys driveway and sawed the engine out if the frame, then told the guy if he wanted anything other than the engine he could have it, it it was getting thrown into a dumpster. Apparently the guy wasn't so happy.

But yeah, I've hacked up a few "perfect" cb350s into race bikes. The number of people who are semi offended at my hacking of the junk is always amusing. How many millions of them did they make??

13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

dont know what that is but it aint a Vdub.

lol @ the VW haters. i mean, really? lol

as many as Ive had I only ever got to drive one in any significant amount of snow once and it had no problems. I did decide to drive it that day because of the snow knowing it would serve the purpose (to get to and fro) better than all my other stuff.

beetles were overall the most well built cars Ive had. and Ive tortured many. the next closest was the FIAT 131 box which was super tough too but fell short in medium speed rollover testing which f'd up the window frames and door seals and busted most all of the glass. still driveable but beyond appearance repairs.

same testing and extended testing with the Beetles including multiple side rolls and one T. Pastrana worthy front flip/endo had none of those problems, doors held up well with only a tighter fit afterwards and the glass just pops right out and reinstall takes no more than 5 mins and a rope. they usually roll back over and self right themselves but when not, its a one man job to put it back on all four.

man I wish we had gopros back then lol I rarely drive my '59 though, I'll take half what they want for that '64 if anyone has a hole burning in their pocket for some genuine fafegnuegen. its mostly orig. including the untouched 36hp dry heat.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

sure is

15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

looks like a chinese knock off or something like that to me. not a vw though. look closely.. too short and lacks VW details.