1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know if Yamaha is coming out with a 400?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Get an R6 and disable one cylinder. Ok, technically that gives you 450, but close enough….and you get the full size bike, good forks, etc.

cav115 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

And pictures! Come on, man!

WANABE RACER likes this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

Im more worried how he'll get it out of the basement. But I guess that gives the old codger an excuse to install a stairlift.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lol...nostalgia's got nothin' to do with it padawan...just thought seeing you're gonna get a little bike I thought you might like something that has some fire coming out of it's nostrils. Good luck with whatever you choose. :beer:

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Don’t need a project. I need an out of the box racer I can get wera winnings on :D

I’ve already got the boss’s permission. Her logic goes like this: “I’d rather have you running around a racetrack then running the streets with your boys”

it is remarkably sound

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Im trying to race e class

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Having ridden my BIL’s GT550 and survived to tell the tale, I would recommend for a long life to avoid the experience. ;)

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Especially if its been ported and "tuned". You'll learn very quickly the exact sound it makes as the rpms are on the cusp of going from a mind bottling 8hp to a panty dropping and front wheel lofting 2,000hp in the span of about 55rpms. So you dont exceed said limit in the middle of a turn, on a residential street, next to an elementary school while children are present. And cops too.

Or you wont...and probably end up smeared along a tree or starting a job as a hood ornament on an oncoming car.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I still laugh at my buddy letting some "experienced" CBR rider try out his lil YZ85... and the subsequent whiskey throttle from him holding the thing WFO like it wasnt an angry lil devil and the fella cross rutting some deep whoops while hanging on superman style the whole time. Poor bike ended up with some bent bars and the riders ego hilariously abused. His inability to ride home was the funniest part...

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Normally there would already be rumors of it if it was coming next year, I'd just buy a ninja 400 and sell it if the new bike comes. Otherwise you be waiting for parts anyway for the new bike

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

When do you think you'll have your street bike ready for E class?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was thinking more like an RD or one of the triples. They made life entertaining.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I need a "I survived my Kawasaki S2" T-Shirt....

What beautiful noise!

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I rode an MB5. It was underwhelming. RZ350 was better.

15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I owned 2 RZ-500’s in the early/mid ‘80’s. The second one had been ported and had a set of Toomey pipes. If you were leaned over too far in a corner and it came on the pipe with Dunlop 385’s (I think) of that era, things quickly could get….um….interesting.

rd400racer and YamahaRick like this.
  16. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

I did this to a ZX-6R (making it a 477). It's an awesome track bike and it's quite easy to do.

YamahaRick likes this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We once raced against a 600 that had been reduced in capacity to run a lower class. It was amazingly fast. I forget exactly what had been done to it, but I think the major change was to simply say that it had been sleeved down.

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Riding ANY RZ500 got 'interesting'. One of the worst handling bikes I've raced, and that includes a fair number of vintage machines.

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Didn’t you say you wanted a 400? That wouldn’t be eligible for e class, it would go in D class. You’d need a 300 for e class, IIRC.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Ohhhhh they separate the 300s? My bad. R3 it is