1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in the Kenosha WI area?

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But ... it doesn’t only signal when to stop. :Poke::D

2. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

How far north do you have to go before people start calling water fountains bubblers?

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Well south of me, yet. :D

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

LOL

I grew up in a Chicago suburb and my grandparents lived in Kenosha, so I've had my fair share of kringle and YA DER HEY (whatever that means).

G2G likes this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Grew up in Racine until my parents divorced. Then I lived in Peshtigo with my mom, but spent my entire childhood running back to Racine every other weekend. Covered all facets from Racine to the great north woods. Lol!

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

yeah we don’t say that shit down here either. That’s ‘up north’ stuff. Funny thing is where I go hunting up north, We take shit every year because people assume we’re from Illinois because we don’t talk like that.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Scotty87

Wait, what? im confused now too.

8. What about fishing? It’s survival- for my family if I don’t get my fishing time in :)

9. Scotty87

Gov specifically stated hunting and fishing as allowed during safer at home order. I’m going turkey hunting in a week. I’d go fishing but water temps are still garbage and this cold snap ain’t helping.

10. Scotty87

Park or Case?

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

According to my FIL, you can fish "straight through winter if you're tough enough". He did finish his point with, "but it's too damn cold to be on the water and I have hunting to do in the winter."

:D

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I would’ve been Case had I gone to school down that way. Like I said, I lived with my mom up in Peshtigo, so none of the above. I was St. Sebastian’s prior to, though.

13. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Kenosha is really just a suburb of Chicago :D

Scotty87 likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The smart suburb...Lets be close to Chicago and IL but not so close we actually have to pay those crazy taxes.

But Wischeeseland is trying hard to become the next IL/CA/NY. Its a close race between them and CO.

G2G and 5axis like this.
  15. Scotty87

True, true.
    In many ways, not the least of which is my auto insurance and property tax bill.

Funkm05 likes this.
  16. Scotty87

Fucking hardly dude. I don’t know where you’re getting your news and I’m damn sure not trying to catch a ban so I’ll stop but you couldn’t be more wrong with the nonsense that’s going on here recently.

17. Scotty87

Ah. I’m a transplant (IL) so I don’t know much except I love to hate on Racine because it drives all my Racine born and raised buddies nuts. Thought maybe we knew some of the same people.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

My best friend went to Park. Big volleyball player back in the day. Went in to Rutgers on a full ride, then played professionally in Europe for about 15 years.

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I love where a thread starts and where it ultimately ends up...

:crackup:

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. Scotty87

Right? Gotta love the beeb.