1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have an update on melka

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Same here

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Anyone go and see him?

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I had planned to go tonight but didn't get out of the office till this evening

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Did we know each other when I lived in Daytona for ten years?

5. notbostrom

Spoke to Greg.. he thinks your all a bunch of aholes

Seriously though he sounds good and like his normal self so carry on.

stk0308, TurboBlew, JJJerry and 11 others like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't argue with his assessment, although it isn't particularly insightful..

Banditracer likes this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Great news. Next time you talk to him, tell that mf'er to update his FB page :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Melka has made some posts on Facebook and seems to be doing well.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Until he posts it himself it's all hearsay :D. Good to hear though!

10. notbostrom

Ok no more hearsay.. stopped by the hospital to see Greg. He's in way better shape than what I expected in fact he's doing great. Shoulder and hip took hard shots and might need some pt and he got his bell rung pretty good but seemed like the same old Greg to me. Should be out of the hospital next couple days.

MELK-MAN, stk0308, SpeedyE and 24 others like this.
  11. Quicktoy

Fantastic news. Thank you

notbostrom likes this.
  12. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

It was good to talk to him on the phone. We’re setting up a wheelchair race through his house when he’s home. Winner takes all!

SpeedyE, TurboBlew and notbostrom like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Better invite Broome.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Mofo's on his way...can you feel it ?? :D

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Hey ya'll! Thanks for kind words. At a 2 week rehab clinic near my house, after spending 3 weeks at hospital in Daytona. I dont remember a fukin thing, even from the morning. Guess it's for the better seeing descriptions of what happened.. just no where to go when Jason was outa shape, and shit happens! It's why we call it racin
    Feelin wayy better but trust me, I was banged up, and being over medicated early, kept me from remembering the first 3 or 4 DAYS in hospital. I would talk, but make no sense. Friends came over and I guess it was kinda comical..lol.. fractured pelvis, scapula, and some minor breaks to 4 vertebra, broke ribs, and major concussion (but made worse from over medication) .. list is a bit more but good news is 100% recovery likely.. so see ya all on the grid next season!!

16. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

Get well soon Greg. You're one of the most determined riders that I've seen at my events and had so many great results. I have no doubt that same determination will get you through this.

MELK-MAN and Quicktoy like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is some of the best news of 2020. Great to hear, and can't wait to hear about you on riding your dirt bike and going up and down the banking of Daytona again!

MELK-MAN and Scuba Steve like this.
  18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Awesome that you posted. Take your time and get healed properly. Especially the concussion. I know you probably don't need told that, but you know how dangerous that can be.

Sending well wishes sir.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Don't know you, Greg, save for a pm a long time ago. Glad to hear you're doing well and hope you didn't have to get Carrillo rods inserted in your back.

MELK-MAN and YamahaRick like this.
  20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

bout dam time. I have a shit ton of R6 questions that needs answering... Get well sir!

MELK-MAN and sill'r B sill'd like this.