1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have an update on melka

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 18, 2020.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

listen, if you aren't logged on to the live-laps website, AND another browser window with paypal ready, AT 8PM SHARP... you will not get anywhere close to your requested row. For this enduro, you may as well request row 100+ if you don't sign up at 8pm on the dot. :cool:

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

thanks for the tip! i am a slow 50+C squid, first national enduro EVER! what rows should shoot for, during sign up? I dont want to be in front of the A, AA riders fo shizzy. if i remember right they reserve rows 15-20 or so for those classes? sign up behind them, so the course is burned in but, not whooped bad? is that a good plan? Ski

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. skidooboy

looks like rows 18-45, have reserved spots. Ski

4. MELK-MAN

1 pr0 rider per row on those rows. i've tried to sign up in the middle of them, so i get a bit of a tow when a few pass me, even from a distance back. this year i won't do that, and yea, either sign up on an early row (like 10 -20) or after them. anything row 65 or earlier won't be bad. they tear it up, but it's shear numbers of riders that will dig big ruts. so row 90 or worse CAN get bad. my first one was there a few years back, was on "waiting list" as i missed sign up, and drew row 93. it wasn't too bad that year though. just depends on conditions..

Knotcher and skidooboy like this.
  5. skidooboy

sorry for the 1000 questions... do you keep time, or just "ride". this will be my first attempt at ANY enduro, maybe i should wait and do a local, or family enduro first. thinking i am biting off more than i can chew. i am really just looking for something for my winter training, to be a "goal" for me, so i have a carrot, to keep me interested in training. ski

6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

First national enduro I rode in south Jersey I had visions of burning checks, laying back, watching time. Nope.

7. MELK-MAN

do it. the 6th and toughest section is "A" class and pro only, so the rest of this enduro is not too tough. some roots, some whoops, some sand, but it's the most popular and heaviest attended event for a reason. FUN factor is high. You will just GO, fastest time wins. No "time keeping" bullshit. ride within your ability, put a gas can on the gas trailer that will go out to the gas stop so you can fill up if needed (or have someone meet you at each stop if you are goin pro-level). but showing up saturday late afternoon to sign up, get your transponder taped on your helmet, get your number for your row and stick on the bike, makes Sunday morning easier.. keep in mind a later row, will be WARMER at the start;) I've gone there with it being high 20's in the early morning hours. makes for some sore fingers... but most years it's real nice by 9am or so and not TOO bad early.

skidooboy likes this.
  8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Off-road pros blowing your doors off looks and feels way different than road racing pros doing it.

They just skip the hard parts.

skidooboy likes this.
  9. skidooboy

got in on the 11th row... what have i done? :D Ski

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You got in on row 11... Are you sure you didn't hit your head instead of melka?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

you must be a computer wizard! .. I am usually really good at sign up, but the FB NEPG site was flooded with pissed off people. Myself included. Sign up was shut down, as there was a "paypal issue" with their end, as there were so many people flooding the site, and they called it till tomorrow. Fuk.

12. skidooboy

13. skidooboy

I would have gotten in on row ten, my first choice but, I got kicked back to registration due to a weird entry on my ama membership. corrected the date on that, went back in, kept going back and forth trying to get registered, got in, got booted by paypal. kept trying, and finally it went in. when I went back in to check how many entries were left, it kept saying registration didnt open until tomorrow. thought I messed up, and signed up for the wrong race day, time, class. nope... I have my reciept. hope they honor it. Ski

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I had the same issues, was able to go to my browser history and reload the PayPal page and complete the entries. that was 15-20 minutes after they shut stuff down. May be worth a shot for you this morning....

Kris and I are on row 42.

MELK-MAN and Stumpy like this.
  15. skidooboy

I should have gotten with you guys, and figured which row you were going for, so i had someone to show me the ropes. plus you guys are in my class so, that might help my pace a bit. just hoping my bike will be done now. the motor guy says he is waiting on the 2 oem intake valves. Ski

16. MELK-MAN

why did you need valves on your ktm? i've put hundreds of hours on 4 different ktm bikes thus far, never so much as needed adjusted. well, at 500 hours wore the valve guides out on my original 2014 350, and then the valves got beat up :)

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will show up in time!
    I’m still rehabbing a shoulder so I’m not going to be anywhere near fast.
    Kris is riding open A and will probably take off after Delong who is also on our row. I will be chasing the B rider on our row...

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. MELK-MAN

sorry guys.. gonna have to re-enter in a week. :(

[​IMG]

19. skidooboy

i saw that after, i got a refund from paypal. :( they should have let those that made it in, stay in. then let everyone else register. imho. i am refreshing the motor at 144 hours, head, is getting redone too, just for preventative, on the 17 xcf250. Ski

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. MELK-MAN

those valves can go a lot longer, just fyi.

skidooboy likes this.