1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone has a street legit - TZR250

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Alex_V, May 3, 2007.

1. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

2. SCVTZ

SCVTZ Member

We just backed the ign timing and compresion down a bit and run safe jetting plus air filters. The crank lasts much longer because the thing isnt at 12K RPM all the time. The lights are run by a battery only and as long as you dont run the headlight(switched seperatly from tail) all the time it will last a whole day. Its actualy quite nice on the street. I have ridden RZ350's that were much more fussy.:up:

3. dub'ulo-005

dub'ulo-005 New Member

Hello, I happen to have an '88tzr250frame/rz350motor hybrid that I have just decided to sell. I bought it off of this forum about a year ago, and could/would you believe that I've only done about 7 track days and the occassional starting and ride up and down the street? I had actually planned to copy the very exact same one in the photos, of which can be found in the Motocarrera of Glendale, Ca. web site also, however, unfortunately too busy and unsufficient funds could/would set me too far back on that plan. And it's and/or would be a waste to let sit for so long. Let me know. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Alexi

4. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

TZR250R

Here's a pic of my stock 92 TZR250R. Frame up rebuild, fresh top end and crank. Excellent bodywork. Clean Ohio title (yes, you can ride it on the street!).

I've no time to ride it and I prefer to race my 93 TZR250 SP. Make me an offer. Located near Columubus, Ohio.

Attached Files:

5. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Dang Erin, that's clean. I have the exact same lowers but a different tail, tank and headlight section. BTW - got any spare tanks??

6. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Nope, no tanks...actually the one in the pic is from my SP racebike. I need one too! They're about $500 new, but the paint will match my factory bodywork perfectly so I won't have to spend any $$ on refinishing.

7. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

My tank is just dented a bit so I might have it worked on by a somewhat local guy and see if I can save a few bucks.

8. rc51eviltwin

rc51eviltwin Well-Known Member

+1 on the prices,
    i am also interested in a streetable one but leaning more toward the honda NSR250 MC28

9. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

As the man said make me an offer, maybe we can make it happen!

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=140879

Last edited: May 23, 2007