1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone going to WSBK at miller?

Discussion in 'General' started by SloMo510, May 20, 2009.

1. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

any wera people going to miller? Maybe get a wera group for beer one evening? Going to be a great weekend!!!

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I am and I'll be hanging out at Tracks in the evenings...except for Thursday night...got VIP tickets to the event.

3. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

we will be there and then staying the week in park city maybe doing some MB stuff, hiking, and maybe some UTV stuff in Moab.... hell, I might run in bostrom or some others.... cant wait.

4. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

We are heading to Park City the Monday after the race to do some summer mountain activities........is there more than one place to mountain bike, or is it pretty much just the mountain? This is our 1st time there.

5. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

my 1st time as well. I am not sure about how many places, but there should be several. I think it will be a great relaxation point as work has been killing me laterly. Send me a PM and I can give you more info.

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Utahmountainbiking.com, arranged by location. Most of the trails are a lot of up followed by a lot of down, but I believe PC has some loops that go "around" more than just up & down... if that makes any sense. Disclaimer: I've not actually ridden in PC, just what I've heard.

7. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

well, im in a cast so mtb biking and all other fun sports are out of the question but hows the night life in SLC? Where can i stalk the WSBK guys?? i kid i kid:D Were staying downtown @ the Hampton Inn.:beer:

8. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I went downhill mountain biking there for the first time a few years back. F'n awesome! Unbelievable speeds and good mix of technical stuff as well. Not only are the trails #1, but very little rock in the trails. They take very good care of the place. If you doing any mountain biking after the race, I highly recommend Park City.

We did the Canyons resort, right outside of ParkCity. They have a complete lift service and a few rental places near the lifts. There's a few rental places in ParkCity as well, mostly cross country bikes. Downtown Park City is nice, not as uptight as the Canyons or Deer Valley. Good food and beer, no restrictions on drinking.

It's kind of funny watch the crowds of grungy mountain bikers show up in the parking lot next to the uber-posh residents who live there. Similar situation at Whistler.

Keep in mind the altitude issue. Park City is around 8000 ft. I believe (Much higher than Salt Lake and Tooele). My first day there I couldn't climb a little hill to save my life. Took a day or two to adjust. Drink lots of water, It's like zero humidity up there and the air is thin. Easy to get sick.

9. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Some co-workers were in PC this weekend and the word is the riding was good BUT it is highly unlikely the lifts will be running as there is still quite a bit of snow in the mountains. Riding up to 1/2 way up the mountain was reported as good, snow beyond that. Forecast is calling for rain on the weekend.