1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else see this article about Gobert?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Apr 20, 2020.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was discussed at length a year ago.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, it was posted back when it came out but I don't remember ever seeing an update on his condition or arrests were made or anything.

4. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Sorry. Ill delete

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

wait for it...

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? Maybe someone has some kind of update.

Pixelator and vizsladog like this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't get the fascination. Dude is an ass.

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Have you not been consuming media in the last 20 years?

Because trainwreck.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

R1M370 likes this.
  10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Nope. June 27, 2019. Like Dave K said, this might spur an update.

11. Johnny B

He was very popular with the fans and accessible to them.

stk0308, backbone and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I was about to say, met him at VIR years ago when he was on the Yamaha Factor team here in the US. As much as the guy was a complete disaster and had his demons (probably still does), my experience with him in person was spectacular. I still have the hat he signed for me. He had no issue taking the time to sit and shoot the breeze with me when we met up
    at the end of the Saturday events. He was just hanging out and looked like he was just like the rest of us having a good time being at the track.

He's picked a very unfortunate path in life. His gifts as a rider have pretty much gone wasted.

Scotty87, stk0308, backbone and 2 others like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They paid him $1,000,000 to race a factory Yamaha R7 in a domestic series, he won a WSBK race on a Bimota and he robbed little old ladies outside convenience stores for heroin money. How many people can use say that about? Of course, he's fascinating!

SuddenBraking and SpeedyE like this.
  14. Johnny B

Yeah, like the time he smoked joints with the fans at Loudon, mere weeks before he was told he would be tested.
    Definitely approachable. I was at the Ocean Deck one night and saw Vic Fasola, who was wrenching for him at the time. I asked him how Anthony was doing and he pointed at him and said, "Why don't you ask him yourself?" Anthony was busy doing suckface with some blonde at the bar and I said I didn't really want to bother him. "Oh go ahead, he won't mind." Vic replied. So I did, and Anthony was very gracious and took his time with me.
    One thing that I noticed at the time was that his manager/mother Sue always seemed to make excuses for him as his career went downhill. It might have been a different story if she had kicked his ass instead of enabling him.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I always liked the Go Show. Incredible talent.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

“I didn’t piss in his helmet. I held it while someone else pissed in it!”