1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the CCS in NJMP 02-03/09 ?

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I wish i could. I gotta work:oops:

2. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Mmmm... You sound like you're getting a cold !?
    Don't risk it ;) You should take some time off !

I do understand... Gotta pay this expensive hobby of ours !

Ducti89 likes this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Bunch of haters! :p
    I've run NJMP a few times. With CCS and WERA. CCS was just fine and the area is fine and the track is great IMHO. I did a few rounds at Loudon and after finding myself glancing too long at the walls imagining how one hits them, I found the curbing and runoff areas at NJMP a welcome relief. To me, it's a proper track and fun to race at. Reserve a room over the garages early and you're all set. I've got the CCS and WERA dates there on my calendar for this year. We'll see if I try the CCS race again or not.

Gino230, sbk1198, joec and 1 other person like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

There is a small brewpub in a hanger at the airfield beside the track. Glasstown Brewing. No A/C there so it can be a little warm in the summer, but the beer is cold and delicious.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. KneeDragger_c69

I'm running my ZX6R 636 2013
    So pretty much any class that it'll get me in, with in a budget of course.

Registered today to:
    Saturday:
    Middleweight SBK
    F-40 MW
    F-40
    Middlweight Supersport

Sunday:
    Unlimited Supersport
    Middlweight Supersport
    F-40
    F-40 MW
    Unlimited SBK

7. KneeDragger_c69

Indeed fun track to be at.
    Smooth and fun lay out.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Agreed with everything except the "area is fine".

Millville is fucking sketchy.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

I drove in from the south side and it's nothing but farms seemingly. Even hit a farm stand for veggies. Coming in from the north must be totally different.

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

overthruster1.jpg

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

WTF?? lol I've been there twice this year so far and always thought it was a peaceful little town, but only just drove through it. I always stay at the track, so I never even stopped in Millville. Didn't strike me as a high-crime type of town, but NJ is all fucked up so I guess it wouldn't be that hard to believe lol

Regarding the questions and the track...I think you'll love Thunderbolt. It's a pretty awesome track. It's right up there with Road America for me, definitely one of my favorites. Paddock is nice overall except for you'll have to park on grass, and if it rains a lot before or during the weekend it sucks. If it's dry, it's fine. Top experts on 600s will be in the 1:25-1:26 range if it's nice and dry, but mainly because Mazziato shows up and kicks everyone's ass. If you're consistently in the 1:27s you should be good for a podium easily. In F40, pace will be slower cuz most of the really fast guys are younger guys. I think Melka's the only really fast guy in that class that could do the F40, but I'm not sure if he ever runs that race or not....and that's IF he goes. It's a hell of a drive from Florida lol

I'll be there that weekend...but I'm in a whole different class, and I'm slow.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

I walked the track. There are some bumps. Looks like mostly frost heaves. But over all seemed pretty smooth. I was there the first year it opened. It's still pretty cool.

13. KneeDragger_c69

Swing by and say hello if you fell like and come have a nice cold one.
    Will be riding #16

Yes I do know the track but have been there only twice (2015 with CCS & 2016 with MotoAmerica)

Some vids from 2015 in Amateur

A little note: those races and my whole wknd (Saturday & Sunday only) where run on scrubs from my last race wknd at Mosport, ON, Canada.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  14. KneeDragger_c69

lol you haven't seen bumpy... :p

Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia:

St-Eustache, Quebec:

15. joec

joec brace yourself

So wish I had made it to schubie. Ive done Nelson and gunstock. Stood on the pegs most of gunstock. So fun.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That very much looks like an Oscillation Overthruster lest my eyes be mistaken.

17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Laff-a while you can, monkey-boy!

SPL170db likes this.
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Wow.. I've got rubbed before , but never at gun point :D

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Who will be the first to shoot?

20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

St-Eustache, I’d rather race in Home Depot’s isles than that place.