1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody watch the Oscars?

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Mar 28, 2022.

1. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What are you some kinda holleywierdo teaser

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess I just don’t get “comedy” anymore. The up and coming and even a lot of the established comedians today just don’t light up my liver. There’s a few that push a bit but then get chewed up by the pc police that make me pop but are gone after trying to push.

If you can’t laugh at yourself first of all, you need to look at yourself. If you look for things to be insulated by, you’re an asshat and need to look at yourself.
    Meh, I’m yelling at the wailing wall, I’m off to demand attention with some more “do you know who I am” shit.

I need hippy Joe and Stargel back on the bbs to work. Garth is back but, he’s ghey. :D

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i saw Anthony Jeselnik live one time. You know its getting spicey when most of the jokes get an "ohhhh shittt" and THEN laughter. dude is wild. i was convinced somebody was gonna stab him in a parking lot eventually, but i love it.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'd pee in her butt.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

okay, very old school bbs and still funny! :D

Tom sucks!

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes I am. :D Meanwhile in Iowa……….:mad: Texas is looking better and better. 01FDE270-D733-49DA-BDFD-9F1FAC70B194.jpeg

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sorry. We're full.

Sabre699, G 97 and pickled egg like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I’m already there to a small degree at two weeks over the winter months. Parents have a winter house in McAllen going on 30 years now. I simply need to bite the bullet at this point. I still like Iowa. But man, Texas is awesome.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

But…but…but…who will tend the CORN?

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I'm told that there's a dedicated group of kids that are into that. You might say that they are children of the corn. But I hear their boss is a real demon.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

6b3mv9.jpg

HPPT and britx303 like this.
  13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Real slap, fake slap, what does it matter? Will Smith is a pathetic fuck either way. Either he snapped and took out all his anger over his public humiliation on a dude half his size, or he conspired with his buddies to publicly embarrass himself further to boost the ratings of their self congratulatory circle jerk. Either is just sad. His wife is also a useless cunt. I wish Chris Rock had said more about her and sent both her and her ‘husband’ into conniptions. I thought she was “so proud of her bald head”. She’s so strong. You go grrrrrrl!:crackup:

I had no idea they were giving out their little golden idols until the slap heard across the world. So I guess it worked, at the expense of making themselves look even more ridiculous.

Next year, I hope the building collapses while they’re all gathered and eliminates the entire wretched hive of scum and villainy. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about these freaks. They’re enemies of the people. I look forward to the day they’re all burning in hell, and I hope we can find ways to hasten their inevitable journeys.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Stop fukn round...say what you mean:)

BigBird, Saiyan66 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"Now that he has resigned, Mr. Smith will no longer have access to academy screenings and events. He will also not be able to vote in the Academy Awards. However, he could still be nominated for an award, since being a member is not a requirement for eligibility."

16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

OMG Jesus H Christ ..are you serious..or just flying off the handle for a lil bit here....lol Serious?
    Sure there's plenty of head in their ass folks out there, but you meet the same dammed people in all walks of life.
    I've lived in L.A. my entire life, and ad a result , have worked with many celebrities, and many of them are just really nice people, anyone would be glad to have ad a friend..there not all bad...not by any means.
    I work with and have several so called celebrity actor/actress/ musician friends..there darned good people.
    Sure the main sticking pointgor many ..is their politics,Let's and it ideology.

For shits and giggles, let's just suppose your a actor) musician in your early to mid 29s and hundredsall if a sudden..your earning hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. And your circle of work and and friends by necessity,the becomes the entertainment industry.. chances are your going to have very liberal points of view, as you have the money to help people and you are sheltered in a social bubble pretty much from the masses and you do lose sight of that many do....
    Sure you may roll your eyes as I do at many of their opinions and or beliefs.
    But certainly not anymore than any other person I've met in all walks of life.
    There's
    some strange motherfuckers out there you meet on a daily/weekly basis if you just talk to people....lol
    Hollywood...IF It'sYOU LET IT BE entertainment that's all..it will be, roll your eyes at the rest if the drama and have a chuckle
    There's some good movies some shitty ones , some VERY (big egos) no different than the "sports world" that orso many folks idolize..plenty of idiots..take your pick...lol
    Still NO different at the core that anyone in any work environment we all deal with.
    I guess the point I'm trying to say is like many sports stars or trust fund babies many relatively immature and perpetual kids with a shit ton of money....
    I'm 200% positive.... That if we woke up tomorrow and actors and actresses made blue collar wages and we were making all that money the same comments would be fully directed towards us...lol

It's all good brother.. You surly must have some old movies,actors, bands you enjoy....No?
    Just put on a tin foil hat to block out their stupidity and enjoy the good stuff
    And I do agree it can be quite annoying, and sensory overload.....
    I don't give a shit what Sean Penn does with his statues, I could care less about the Kardashians or Kanye, Eminem, or Scientology.. I just turn that crap off or and ignore it when I want to watch a good movie, or music... I watch/listen it that's all

R1Racer99 likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Some video has found its way to the surface of the internet of good ol' Will making a bald joke on Arsenio Hall's show from way back in the day. Makes him look mighty hypocritical.

[​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Still no word from Sean Penn. :D
    God, this thing is still going on?
    I've been meaning to ask my niece about this, but when have these awards shows started being roasts? You're putting comedians in as hosts and they're dancing on the edge. You catch somebody in a bad mood and they react. (I was at the receiving end of being lashed out at from somebody that I thought had a sense of humor.) I went back a few years to a Golden Globe show hosted by Ricky Gervais. There was one comment he made about Judi Dench lifting her leg and licking herself that had the audience wincing. I'd have to ask my niece about that one since she and her husband were there.
    Perhaps the Academy should rethink who they ask to host these things.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  19. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

That was horrific, from memory he flinched reading it on the teleprompter and apologized in advance, but he kept going.

20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing about the roasting, I don’t remember that being the deal before like 10 years ago. Like most here, I don’t watch any awards shows, but I fucking love watching Gervais videos on YouTube going after celebrities.

cav115 likes this.