1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Grow Anything?

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, Jul 18, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope... I don't grow anything. Never did.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I only grow two things. Older and Grumpier.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have Italian & Thai basil, baby spinich, oregano & aloe vera in window boxes.
    This year only doing paste tomatoes {several varities}. Bell, Sweet Heat, Serrano and Jalapeno peppers.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Planted some Tettnag Hops for fun. Friggin thing is already 10 ft tall.

Will go into my wheat beer.

Also got strawberries, tomatoes, basil ,lettuce and onions going

K51000 likes this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Tettnang :D

IMG_0992 (2).JPG

K51000 likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How they growin', Phil? :beer: IMG_1097.JPG

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Girls are outside right now stripping the currant bush. Now I have to figure out WTF to do with them.

Oh. And now they’re off to the juneberry bush.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm sure he's taking full advantage of his vacation to tend this to his garden.

Metalhead and pickled egg like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Brutal

Attached Files:

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got a nice crop of German Johnson tomatoes going!

11. He‘s in Deutschland right now, so it is a vacation from vacation.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anyone grow specialty fruits/veggies/non-smoking things???? :D

For about 20 yrs now I've been growing several varieties of fig trees, mostly in containers but I did have about 5 in-ground that I lost with the move. :(
    At my peak, I had roughly 30 or so varieties growing in 50 containers but the brutal winter we had in 2013 killed every single one of them stored in a shed. I haven't really gone all out since, it killed my enthusiasm a bit but living in the south now I may try to pick it up a bit, currently have 6 growing in containers 4 of which were off-shoots from my 'family' trees from back home. Love me fresh figs!!!

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I tried to warn him.

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No but I do have BlackBerry bushes in my front yard.. Still picking them for a.second cobbler....first one last week rocked...

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

My wife and I grow some veges, and the tomato plants from a few years ago are now perennials! They come up every year now from the seeds of the ones from last year, as pests eat them, etc.

This year, my wife added some non GMO Corn, from seeds, that we started from pots in the house per the instructions, now the they are out side in the gournd and the stalks quick get a few feet high, and growing. We have about 6 if them- we'll see if we get any corn out of 'em.

17. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Peaches, apples, grapes and blueberries are coming along good, spotted a red fox eating some cherries off the ground the other day
    Got some more pollinators this year
    orchard.JPG hive.JPG

jksoft likes this.
  18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

We’re doing plants in buckets this year. The only disappointment is the zucchini. We used tomato cages, and the plant seems to like them. We get blooms but no zooks. I’m thinking the plant needs to spread out on the ground for a zook to form, so I pulled the cages.

19. Yep. Squash grows under the leaves. You also need pollinators or the fruit will fail.

FYI, the flowers are edible (and quite tasty).

XFBO likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's a nice plot.

GRH likes this.