1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

2. Critter

Critter Registered

I have a new Fifty at 15K right now I am thinking about this one here not on Chrono at a local OEM dealer new papers and all
    https://www.chrono24.com/blancpain/...e-calendar-43mm-5054-1210-98s--id26060615.htm

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m biased but for my cash and for something that’s going to be a total tool watch I’d go Omega or IWC and I’d keep it as simple as possible. Something on a heavy duty nato strap or synthetic strap with a safety clasp and a larger case (at least 42 but up to 45mm). I’d want weight so I’d go steel.

I’d also consider one of those crazy overbuilt g shocks.

I briefly was thinking a Tissot quartz like my T touch for all the gizmos and do dads but I don’t know if I’d stake my life on it. Goes through batteries like Mongo goes through pies.

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That is the truth. My tissot just came back from the factory. Screen time and the hands match now. Great watch but likes to drink batteries.

5. Critter

Critter Registered

I looked at some of the omegas but I have not found one that I am like ooooh I need that one, I like looking at Chrono24 because it gives me an idea of what is out there

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I’d also recommend the Tudor Pelagos. Far cheaper but still super nice.

7. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

8. Critter

Critter Registered

There were a couple of those where I was like Hmmmm for a shop watch or race watch I was like maybe

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

10. Critter

Critter Registered

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What about Skagen? I've had a few of those over the years and they were ridiculously light weight. Their Ti watches must be like feathers.

May not have a model that fits your needs though.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You can't admit to being of French descent here, the sofa soldiers who've never seen live combat will call you a surrender monkey because they somehow think they deserve the glory of saving your croissant-eating ass from Ze Nazis just because they're Murican (and fat). lol:crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

My Tissot MotoGP watch is also not very efficient with batteries.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Same. Just sent two through a local jeweler.

Do you guys send them directly to Tissot or go through someone local also?

15. cha0s#242

Screw that, Tissot charges you a ridiculous amount just to change the battery. Local watch guy does it for 20$ and I've never had any issues after 12 years of ownership.

16. eggfooyoung

Sorry, I sent a couple in for service. Not sure I'd want my local guy doing it.

tony 340 likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

How much are they charging you, just curious ? Over here they wanted 120$ to change the battery ! It's not a fucking Rolex lol

18. eggfooyoung

I honestly don't remember. I sent 3 or 4 pieces that were different brands out for services and it was a lump sum. It wasn't horrible though. $350 total maybe?

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Sent through the local Jared store that sells them new. I think it was 80 ish bucks. I use local dude for batteries on that watch only. Not service.

My LCD screen had black color "bleeding" from the one corner. They replaced that and got it to match up time with the hands. Good as new. Might list for sale here.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, those of us who know Critter have many more things to make fun of than his heritage :crackup:

Spooner likes this.