1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Votes on best racing Brake Fluid.

Discussion in 'General' started by grandpanot, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

ATE TYP 200.

r6fast likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

SRF all day. It's what I use in the "minivan", and I get those brake discs over 1000F+ all the time on track. They've even caught on fire, and I didn't even change the SRF.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It’s made with unicorn farts and pieces of Martha Stewart’s vagina. Supply was limited, for a time, and it went on inter-dimensional backorder for quite some time due to lack of those ingredients.

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Dont ask me how I know but 5.1 and dot 5 are completely different... dot 5 is for guys with expensive paint jobs.

418 and JCW like this.
  5. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I wish the SRF was available in smaller sizes since I never use anything close to a whole bottle. I assume once it’s open it doesn’t have much of a shelf life.

grandpanot likes this.
  6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If you want smaller bottle maybe try Brembo HTC. I been using this one for last couple years.

grandpanot likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

SRF seems to be ok even after you open it. People have tested it with one of those brake fluid testers, and it was still good at least many months later, not sure what the max time is though, but it's definitely much longer than "normal" brake fluid

grandpanot and MotoGP69 like this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was pretty sure you can recycle the SRF with certain vendors for a credit towards future SRF purchases.

grandpanot likes this.
  9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Always SRF, even when I was getting another brand for free.

grandpanot and BigBird like this.
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Got any more info on this?

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

DOT 3 brake fluids...all the ones Ive seen....are Poly alkylene ethers and glycols. That is a class of chemicals that are inherently hygroscopic (ie water absorbing).

I found an old SRF SDS and it doesnt list composition but it does say it is poly alkylene ethers and the other link is for STP and it lists the various Ethers in it along with DEG. I assume SRF has something very special which helps keep it dry or improves the hydrophobicity of the mixture.

http://www.uapinc.com/msds/PDF/FICHES/CAS-467286 Castrol React SRF Racing EN.pdf

https://www.stp.com/sites/default/files/STP®-Heavy-Duty-Brake-Fluid-DOT-3-32oz-SDS.pdf

grandpanot likes this.
  12. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

For those thinking the SRF bottle is too large - if you aren't going though SRF frequently, you probably don't need it. (on a high braking track, srf will fade especially when not fresh though much better than others - haven't tried endless).

For a small bike, you won't come close to the braking of a big bike. I wouldn't worry too much about the fluid until you begin having fading problems.

13. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

grandpanot likes this.
  14. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks so much everyone! Obviously this is an important choice for racers. I appreciate all the feedback on this. Unfortunately now i MUST try Castrol

15. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

16. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member