1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Visual Basic programmers out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by oldguy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

I'm looking for a script or macro that can delete emails from my Outlook program. I have all the junk mails sent to an address and would like to have a macro just delete them permenently from the trash bin automatically. I get about a thousand a day. The filter works great, but I am manually deleting them.
    There is a world of talent here on the WERA BBS so I'm looking for some help. Thanks

2. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Ever think of changing your email address Doug? Seriously.

3. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

is deleting everything not an option? I know in outlook you can have items deleted permanently instead of going to "deleted items"

4. ZebProctor1

or this:

Emptying Deleted Items When Exiting Outlook

Emptying deleted items every time you exit Outlook is a good maintenance practice to adopt. The process is simple and performing it can save you time in the long run. When exiting Outlook, a warning dialog box may appear confirming that you want to empty your deleted items folder. You can disable this warning as explained below.

From the Tools menu, select Options...
    The Options dialog box appears.

Select the Other tab
    options dialog box

Select Empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting

OPTIONAL: To suppress the warning:

Click ADVANCED OPTIONS...
    The Advanced Options dialog box appears.

Click to deselect Warn before permanently deleting times

Click OK

Click OK

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

What version of Outlook?

6. ZebProctor1

And then you have the option of using auto archive..... just auto archive the deleted items folder to where it deletes anything more than 1 day old.......

7. oldguy

Thanks, Lemme try those ideas.
    Jeff, I did change my email addy, but them durn Chinee are sending out spam mail using my domain name, so I get a shit load of mailer-daemons as well as a bunch of to [email protected] emails that aren't even my accounts. I had them sent to a special email and sorted thru them for a while right after I changed my addy so I wouldn't lose important customers emails, but now that they all know my new mail, I just need to dump them.

Version 2000 SR1..... not my default mail program. Only checks the one account continuously. I leave it open and then dump the deleted items every morning. I'll check my filter and see if I can permently delete them.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  8. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Change your password lately?:Poke:

9. oldguy

Hell no. It took a year to remember just one. ;)
    I'm old, doncha remember?

10. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

"Old age aint no place for sissies."----Bette Davis:D

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

If I understand what you want to do (automatically delete every inbound e-mail) this will do it.

1. Open the Rules Wizard - Tools... Organize... Rules Wizard. The Rules Wizard dialog box will appear.

2. Click on the New... button. The new rule dialog box will appear.

3. Select "Check messages when they arrive" in the rule type listbox, then click the Next> button.

4. Click the Next> button without selecting any conditions.

5. Click the Yes button on the message box that appears to apply the rule to every message.

6. Check "permanently delete it" and "stop processing more rules" from the what do you want to do listbox.

7. Click the Finish button, and then the OK button.

12. oldguy

Thanks Frank, that did it. I did add one other rule. If it was actually to "me" I kept it. My primary goal was to keep from clogging up the server and your idea worked perfectly. Thanks Guys. The WERA BBS comes thru again. You're much better than asking Jeeves, that silly bastid.