1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Ram Dealers/salesmen in the house?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No weight. It’s on a hill with the break over at the top of my driveway right under the middle of the truck. It’s dead level.

BigBird likes this.
  2. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

Did you change gears or do anything else for the 37” tires? Seriously considering this, but don’t want to sacrifice too much performance towing. And does it really ride as well as the videos say? Thanks!

3. Knotcher

No gearing changes. With as much torque as this makes, especially with the “efficiency optimized exhaust” that’s on it I don’t find it necessary. 37s just aren’t that much larger than oem. I tow a 37 foot toy hauler with nothing close to an issue. Gobs of power left over.

The ride is phenomenal. Some of that is 17s, but I have been working up some pace in rough roads and I’m nowhere near losing composure at speeds I find comical. A trussed front axle is in my winter project list.

I also did the deaver rear springs and added the long travel bags. So the rear is much softer. It would be better with two spares at the very back, but trying to make a prerunner out of a megacab Cummins is a fool’s errand.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

From Webster:

Dodge- To avoid. Verb

ChemGuy and renegade17 like this.
  5. Knotcher

Good thing it’s not a Dodge, then. :)

pickled egg likes this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

They will always be Dodges. A Dodge in Ram clothing. :D

7. Knotcher

Fair enough! It does have big shoes to fill left by my 10 year relationship with 'Pantera Negra', which was my 2011 F250. I thought I'd try something new, but definitely not an IFS hunk of shit.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but the lack of keypad unlock is ALMOST unforgiveable.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't care for Dodges but that thing is not hateful at all. Didn't know they still made the Mega Cab.

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Buddy has the megacab. I'm 6'4 and sat in the back for a trip from CA to AZ... That thing is GREAT for bigger folk.

10. Knotcher

I'm
    6'1" and can sleep diagonally in the back with the seats folded down flat. I cut a memory foam topper to shape for back there.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.