1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Psychology or psychiatrists on here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not one person on this forum has all its screws tight.

I regards of the money. Put it in a 4” pvc pipe, bury by a tree, paint an old pirate map of it and get back on the Rrrrrrum

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think you have some very deep seated issues that will take a bunch of time, money and soul searching to resolve. Breaking a habit is very difficult unless replacing it with another habit. With that in mind I suggest you say screw trying to fix any of it, just add another habit to the routine and write yourself a note every time you hide some bucks someplace stupid. That way you can easily find it when and if you sober up in the same country you started drinking rum in. Easy fix so break out the rum and enjoy. You;re not getting any younger or smarter, so play to your strengths and develop another good habit to go with your bad ones.

SUPER K likes this.
  3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I have enough time, soul searching and money. I drink way to much and have bad habits but to get to that point to write myself a note reminding my self not to do stupid shit and forget I would be smart enough not to hide 15 grand from myself if it were only that simple.

4. Captain Morgan

At least someone has a little street sense and can think out of the box,

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This isn't about being smart, this just to embrace the fact that you will do a particular stupid thing when you drink rum. Now just develop the habit to write yourself a note of the stupid you did. Then you can wake up in the morning and find " look under the coffee pot" written upside down on your belly in black Sharpie marker. Trust me, this could work.

RRP and Mot Okstef like this.
  6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

But if he's all full of rum will he even remember to write himself a note? Will it even be legible or make sense? Will he even know if he's being stupid at the time? What if he hides the note and can't remember where he hid it? :crackup:

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is writing the note any further "to that point" than coming on the BBS and asking for advice on how to address the issue?

8. Captain Morgan

I live a weird life. Except for my knee injury when I could not walk I haven't seen a doctor in 15 years. I trust any body crazy enough to want to go as fast as possible on a sportbike more than a yuppy educated at a fancy school with a piece of paper.

BigBird, SUPER K and Phl218 like this.
  9. :D

But it's different. Mine isn't related to drinking or anything like that. I only do it because I have short-term memory issues, so once I hide it, it is gone. Then I get SUPER excited when I find it again. Finding bonus money gets me pumped and makes my day.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Why do you drink? Serious question.

11. Captain Morgan

With out this going to the dungeon, why not?? for the drinking I could give 1000 excuses, but thats all they are. All I can say at 38 that little smart voice, that talked me out of things and making smart decisions is gone. I'm used to Mexico and the Caribbean where having an in open container in your center console is normal. I have issues but no wife. kids or responsibilities you avoid everything that is normal for some one that lives here. Coming back here to the states and its just different. People tend to worry about what other people are doing. The rum is something I'm working on and not bragging or condoning. Nothing glamorous about it

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Has it occurred to you that you've just removed yourself from the presence of anybody that might care enough to tell you to shape up? If you're having problems with alcohol, seeking the company of people who won't notice or care isn't the way to go.
    Doing things that you don't recall while drinking is a big warning sign.
    Don't want to see you going all Natalie Wood on us.

13. Captain Morgan

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Had a really close friend die in a car accident and have never been the same sense, I'll never take myself out though. Life is fun and cool

th

t

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm betting some dead presidents just got hid...

t

:D

Phl218 and Mot Okstef like this.
  15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I too had a very close friend die in a car accident. What's your point?

Life is cool and fun. While I'm sure you will never take yourself out intentionally, it's going to happen no matter what you do when you're living in the bottle.

Sober up and grow up. For crying out loud you're 38 years old dude! Listen to your elders. We have life wisdom! ;)

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Your inner squirrel is acting up...

Mot Okstef likes this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was just curious.. In a world where many of us are control freaks (at least I am), I've never understood drinking to the point where stuff gets blurry. I don't look down at it, I just never understood it (getting so drunk you get sick or forget things).

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

just learn to stop before the last one.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you keep going there is no last one :D

JBall, Phl218 and Mot Okstef like this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Phillips or flat?