1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Psychology or psychiatrists on here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So, long story short have a weird thing that I hide any thing of value when I drink to much rum. I spent a lot of years in 3rd world countries and in the Caribbean where you can't relay on a credit card or an atm. I was in Costa Rica when I was 18 and had my passport stolen and was basically homeless for a week with no money and no i.d. A couple of years ago things got real when I was back here. I was staying at a cheap hotel in Cocoa Beach, I had put 3 g's under the coffee maker and forgot about it, I realized it the next night and went back to the hotel, people were in the room and he said come back at 11 a.m. Went back and thank god the money was still there.

20 years later after Costa Rica I'm back in the states for a bit and I can't find my safety deposit keys?? I know I hid them somewhere really well. While looking for them I found 700 dollars Bahamian dollars taped behind a painting. I found 5 g's looking for a cell phone charger last year. My sister found 10 g's that I duct taped upside down under a dresser drawer and the tape failed so when she opened an old drawer at my moms place there it was?

I've accepted the fact that I might not be all there mentally upstairs. Life actually becomes pretty easy. Now its just a matter of not getting arrested or deported. I just have no idea why I hide money or important things, And as for the rum I'm working on that so I don't need any motherly advice.

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I can't help with the compulsive cacheing behavior. Just don't switch to Scotch...

Jedb likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hide it before you drink. Odds are better that you will remember.

BigBird likes this.
  4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Be cheaper to just hire somebody to follow you and gather up the hidden money.

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

All this shit happens when you drink too much rum but, you don't want anyone to tell you to not drink too much rum. So, the next best thing I guess would be to put your money in a savings account before you drink. Why have 10k laying around in the first place? Put that shit somewhere before you drink. Like the savings acct. Isn't there somewhere you could put it like that and still be able to access it no matter where you are? I just don't understand why you keep that much money around. That's what you need to stop doing. Then you can drink all you want.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll be the dick. Quit drinking the browns and the clears. Nothing good comes from them.

As for the hiding of the money, well, you do it because you're used to doing it. You don't trust bands, you want to make sure just in case, you like doing it, who knows. The problem is not hiding it it's the forgetting about it part.

terminus est and beac83 like this.
  7. Captain Morgan

I here you guys on the drinking part. I might be a little crazy but I'm not stupid. As for the cash, that's what I'm used to using. The same way I've never had a smart phone. People laugh at me with my flip phone but my battery lasts a week. Nobody was laughing borrowing my phone during the last hurricane except me

8. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I say get away from the cash. I think that's your best option.

BigBird likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I hear some PTSD from that period of being without money and homeless because of it.

Look into the symptoms and get back to us when you were 18 and it has not been properly address. Sounds like it was a traumatic event for you.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Open an account.
    Put your dough in it.
    Get a piece of plastic from the bank.
    Keep drunk money on you.
    Drink your fucking brains out.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Broome hides money , too, so I don't think it's a psychological problem... cuz that dude's wiring is straight. No, seriously... he used a level to check. It's straight.

fastfreddie and badmoon692008 like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, it is symmetrically skewed.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Not a good idea when your salary come from off shore sources and you want Uncle Sam out of your business. Just sayin'. ;)

Captain Morgan and Sabre699 like this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What's left? Purple Drank?

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Did you realize you were missing $13,000, and just not know where you left it?

If I'm short five figures, there's no way I could sleep until I found it. At what point do you stop looking?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Money belt or kiester your money. Problem solved

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hire an assistant to keep track of such things.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Learn to be consistent in your hiding places.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I'm willing to buy you a couple shots of rum while we discuss it....................

20. Captain Morgan

I'm a single yacht chef with no bills, no house, no wife/girlfriend, no kids and very few responsibilites. The rum keeps me sane but doesn't help overall. Money comes and goes, is it bad to not care about it that much?

Fencer and BigBird like this.